GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The New APR Open Intake System is Here

Navi

Autocross Champion
Late? We released our first intake system for this platform in 2015. People like options so we've made more, and probably will in the future.

my post wasnt about your first intake made in 2015. My post was about the subject of this thread, which is an open intake.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
my post wasnt about your first intake made in 2015. My post was about the subject of this thread, which is an open intake.

So should we just move onto the MK8 so everyone on here can shout ApR DoEsNt CaRe AbOuT tHe Mk7 aNy MoRe!1!1???

Pickleahoy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Im surprised APR even bothers with forum announcements here considering the amount of shitposts they get. Short of the connecting pipe omission in a bundled discount, the intake is a nice addition for peeps that want noise when the competition has garbage looking pod on a tube offers

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
I don't mind the questions, or even the "haters". Each response bumps the thread and helps my google ranking. I mean hell, goapr.com has an alexa ranking in the 30k's and we've never been a big e-comm style website.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
A humble suggestion, no carbon fiber. 1 expensive. 2 dated. $300 is more than enough for an intake.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
A humble suggestion, no carbon fiber. 1 expensive. 2 dated. $300 is more than enough for an intake.
Exactly especially when the ie intake is $360 and it comes with the inlet apr is the only one not including the inlet and charging a extra $160 for a inlet.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Im surprised APR even bothers with forum announcements here considering the amount of shitposts they get.
I was thinking the same thing. It seems to be the equivalent of slathering one's self in chum and then jumping into shark-infested waters...

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

I like the suggestion. I think we'll probably give you two options at some point in the future.

Aussie R

Ready to race!
For those interested I am arranging with my mechanic next week to dyno my car with closed intake and then the new intake to compare. Lets see if actual gains with better flow. I will get IAT checked and try to get sound comparisson. Will be good to actually know if it;s improvement not just sound. I'm hoping it will have some minor gain, maybe slight improved response and clearly much more induction sound with IAT in check then would be worthwile upgrade. I'll update the results next week.

I have Stage 2 APR HO on stock IC with inlet and R600 inlet hose so most likely set up to get gains if there are any and max sound. Also APR TMD.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Are you going to use an afe filter on the stock airbox?