GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The never ending GTI story...

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
Where are you exactly? My friends swear by a shop in the Bronx, but wherever "Central NY" is, it's probably too far...

tluley51

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for sharing your story. It's hard to believe that they could not fix it. Or, maybe they didn't want to fix it. What was next, a new turbo? Give me a break. Best of luck with your new ride.
They didn't even want to guess to be honest, they wanted me to drop the $97 for the diag, but I told them its probably the turbo and they pretty much agreed.
Good for you OP, enjoy your new ride!

Where them pics at?
I pick it up Monday...but here's a taste:
IMG_20191121_161142.jpg

Where are you exactly? My friends swear by a shop in the Bronx, but wherever "Central NY" is, it's probably too far...
Yeah I'm pretty much directly in the middle of New York state, like 4 hrs from the Bronx/NYC

Storm19999

Passed Driver's Ed
If it barely runs and misfires. There was a tpi for this and if you get a code for running rich and misfire. I’ve moved to merc dealer now but love my new mk7.5. The Gti suffered with cracked turbo shaft.
if they cleaned the carbon for $1200 they would have seen scored cams. You can carbon clean with head on and inject cleaner through inlet. If they replace head you would see cam as if no new cam used you have to swap over cams. Fishy explanation. At merc it’s a constant nag. Drive car, scan car, if you don’t get that feeling in your water and know the problem check tips check tips check tips.

Storm19999

Passed Driver's Ed
If it is the turbo don’t pay for it and ask for money back for other repairs. As it’s a known fault and the information is right there for them.