GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The MKVII Mid-Atlantic Spotted Thread (NoVa/DC/MD/DE)

iainb

Passed Driver's Ed
Who was in the Oryx R in front of me tonight on 66 around 7:30 west bound between Fairfax and Centreville? I was in the blue STI behind you and you got off at the 29 exit.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Saw a White Golf R, heading north on 95 in Fredericksburg. Looks like Md plates, Lowered, tucked tire, debadges from back and sides, black wheels and turned off DRL's via vagcom.

I could've sworn I saw one like it on this forum in pics, I was in my friends black Explorer as we were roadtripping back from Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
ok black GTI, looked stock, NGP plate frames that raced me, wtf you trying to prove when we both have the same car and pushing your car like that? and riding my ass too when there's clearly another car in front of me. Yeah I'm calling you out!! Calm the fuck down, before you kill yourself and others you piece of shit human being. Now I can see why other random cars race me all the time when I don't feel like it.

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
ok black GTI, looked stock, NGP plate frames that raced me, wtf you trying to prove when we both have the same car and pushing your car like that? and riding my ass too when there's clearly another car in front of me. Yeah I'm calling you out!! Calm the fuck down, before you kill yourself and others you piece of shit human being. Now I can see why other random cars race me all the time when I don't feel like it.

LOL shit like this makes me miss the pacific northwest.

DadsGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
dude was already driving 100+ too, in VA that's auto reckless and most likely, big reason why I haven't even tuned the ECU 35k miles later. Everytime I hit 80 mph in this shithole of a state, I shit my pants.
I agree with yeah Thulhanc134 the speed limits down here in Roanoke are 55?,this is when I miss san diego and there are great back roads down here for that spirited drive but the damn deer can get in the way!

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
dude was already driving 100+ too, in VA that's auto reckless and most likely, big reason why I haven't even tuned the ECU 35k miles later. Everytime I hit 80 mph in this shithole of a state, I shit my pants.

I hate VA drivers.
Worse in the country as a group.

Nuisance on the road.
Reckless endangerment all the time.
Oh & they routinely run into each other for no good reasons.

The 5-0 here I hate too.
Grab the wrong people on the roads.
Or basically let everyone duel to the death on the roads - I95 anyone?!

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
I hate VA drivers.
Worse in the country as a group.

Nuisance on the road.
Reckless endangerment all the time.
Oh & they routinely run into each other for no good reasons.

The 5-0 here I hate too.
Grab the wrong people on the roads.
Or basically let everyone duel to the death on the roads - I95 anyone?!

You should have seen me driving my MK1 around. Its like you are taking your life into your hands. Thats why I sold it. Its just no fun to feel like you are gonna get killed by a 2004 Camry driving at 85 MPH.

DMV drivers are absolute shyte as a generalization.

lokerola

Ready to race!

Yea, NoVA is a pain in the rear. I'm usually poking along at 35 on the side roads to and from work. When I'm on the beltway I might take it up to 70ish, but the ridiculous punishment for speeding in this state ensures I keep it at a reasonable speed. I guess the draconian speeding laws are working!

I just wish there were some decent twisty roads I could get to without driving all the way out towards Front Royal; but alas urban sprawl has devoured land all the way out to Loudon county. I don't need to do 100mph, but I'd love to do 30-60mph on twisty roads.

81mph in a 70mph zone in VA is a Class 1 misdemeanor - the most severe. You can go to jail for up to 12 months. I don't people go to jail for 12 months, but you better bet you a@@ they use this to squeeze a lot of dollars out of drivers here. A class 1 misdemeanor in VA is the same thing as sexual battery, assault and battery, and a few other nasty crimes. The punishment is WAY out of line with the law.

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
You should have seen me driving my MK1 around. Its like you are taking your life into your hands. Thats why I sold it. Its just no fun to feel like you are gonna get killed by a 2004 Camry driving at 85 MPH.

DMV drivers are absolute shyte as a generalization.

I see your avatar info has El Segundo in it.

I used to live in Playa Del Rey in the early 21st century.
Loved my time out there.
And let me tell you the drivers out there are very good at keeping the pace moving, signal to change lanes, not cut off people, & not playing left lane safety car. In short - they know how to drive unlike the nitwits in the VA.

Higher speed limits helps IMO - but I think the insurance lobbyists have too much data to negate that opinion.