GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE Helix Dongle Programming Rental Thread -- Part 2

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I'll need to rent a dongle. Please add me as next on the list!

chrisfyb

Car(s)
2019 Golf Alltrack S
Helix ordered, being delivered around the 18th. Would like to add my name to the list! Sending PM to you in one sec @snobrdrdan

Made account strictly for dongle rental, but am on many of the other FB pages and VWVortex as well.

Trevolutionary

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Alltrack S DSG
Seems like the right time to be added to the list considering a few names have been submitted lately. @snobrdrdan PM on its way.
Delivery of helix scheduled for the 19th, installation expected early January.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Just finished my helix install, took a leisurely 3.5hrs all in. Sounds better even without dongle work, though I read it’s much better after.

Can’t wait!

Alltrack-NJ

Car(s)
2018 Alltrack SE
Just finished my helix install, took a leisurely 3.5hrs all in. Sounds better even without dongle work, though I read it’s much better after.

Can’t wait!

Mine is installed as well, mostly. Did it on Sunday. Got stuck trying to remove the piece right behind the rear seats in my wagon. Have since re-read the wagon-specific instructions but the weather has been crap. I'm all wired up and ready. Can finish hiding the cable in the back at any time once the weather is slightly decent again, but I'm all set for the programming at least. Can't wait!

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
File list:
Untitled by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

Been reading other threads about programming the Helix. The quoted image shows my Helix ver.2 in a Mk7 4dr Golf should be a code 97.

I pushed the 57 code based on Internet, bass does seem a bit high. Before I tear all the shit out of my boot again, is 97 the proper code and not the 57 everybody runs with? Where did that pic come from?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Been reading other threads about programming the Helix. The quoted image shows my Helix ver.2 in a Mk7 4dr Golf should be a code 97.

I pushed the 57 code based on Internet, bass does seem a bit high. Before I tear all the shit out of my boot again, is 97 the proper code and not the 57 everybody runs with? Where did that pic come from?
57 is the go to file for these cars
You can run the 97, but that's primarily for overseas cars

They recommend you flatten out the EQ settings though on the radio, btw, and then you can fine tune it from there as you wish

chrisfyb

Car(s)
2019 Golf Alltrack S
I see i am 2-3 people away from receiving the dongle, so while i wait, can i install the helix and get it 99% installed and just leave the speaker unplugged and use my stereo without problems? I think i read on here that would work just fine. But want to be sure before i dig into the car for a few hours.