GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
I exceeded my expectations for myself. There are only 5 drivers in the class and right now I'm 4th and 1.3 seconds off third, which I think I can get today. Even if I don't I'm just happy to be competitive!! I've never ever driven on race tires or had more than 200hp this car is on a whole new level 17 levels above my car. It's on 12" wheels and 335 wide Hoosiers square btw.
Doesn't sound like you're having much wheel spin when you take off out of the gates. How's the old butt dyno feel when you give the car the onions? Sounds awesome.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Well when I'm on the right course you can see the orange mustang on the left course next to me and on the first run he smokes me. I do better the next time.

And they are 335 wide slicks, even when you light them up they still push you forward pretty good. Lol.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Absolutely nuts. Pretty good driving for the first time in a car like this. You're definitely close to the cones in the slalom.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430071528.676676.jpg

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I ended up almost winning my class in that mustang. Finished three tenths behind the car owner in third. Top 4 were all within a half second. Crazy. I also went fast enough to make the super challenge but I finally spun the mustang on my first run of the challenge and I was out. Lol.

Overall great experience and I feel like I'm really progressing as a driver to get in a super unfamiliar (and very very fast) car and be competitive almost right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.