GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Daily Driver & Motorsports Golf R

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
This seems to be your favourite question. Why do you care what others do with their money?

I think the reason why he is asking, and "chitownfan" can correct me if I am wrong, is that he is looking to go down the BT path and wants to have a ballpark range of how much money he needs to save up.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I don't think most would be willing to publicly announce how much they put into their build. A better way to do it is by private message. You'll likely get a better response that way... But also adding why you're asking the question.

Bluntly asking how much was spent without any explanation on why you're asking simply won't get you much of a response since it sounds like you're prying.

Example:
I'm looking at doing a very similar build on my car and would like to get a ballpark figure on how much I'd be looking at spending

mto386

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Sorry guys! Haven’t been doing much lately. Passed smog, beyond that... nothing. A lot of diving, looking at houses, and family stuff. I’ve spent a decent amount, a little more than I though I would but race car happens. I have a spreadsheet for it all, PM for details. I have been thinking about selling it recently though, not that I want to.

Reactions: q74

TheContender09

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Finally, a track day!

Beautiful day, great track, good times...mostly. Palmer Motorsports Park in Mass. What a change of scenery from the desert tracks and asphalt parking lots in SoCal. This track had major elevation changes through some remote country backwoods in an area called Whiskey Hill. Went with my new coworker who was driving a GLA 45 AMG. My best lap was 1:59 with a top speed of 131mph. See below for video. The GoPro battery died so I missed the last 10 mins which had both my best lap and fasted speed, womp womp. I was having issues with what my tuner and I believe to be overboost. Full throttle was setting off the dv which eventually led to limp mode. My first session I had to pull off and figure out what was going on. I put some 93 in and switched to a e48 tune. Overboost was still happening but not as easy. As long as I kept the throttle down to below 90%, I was good. Employing that strategy was hard though. About 5:30 into the video I set off limp mode again. I decided to turn the car off and on, on track. It worked, so I went back to grinding out the curves which eventually led to best time/speed of day. Brakes held up good, tires did great, no PCV issues, and my car made it home without any issues. Success...

And this is a Corrado that was on the track with me. Talked to him for a bit, turns out he has 6 of them. This one has a procharger in it. Something like 300bhp.

how are you liking the motegi wheel setup? im thinking about buying a set. any issues with vibrations at all?