GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Comparing wearing a mask to slavery is a bit asinine.

Not just asinine, it's divisive and inflammatory, which was the entire point. They really are trying to start a second civil war.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
Not just asinine, it's divisive and inflammatory, which was the entire point. They really are trying to start a second civil war.

I'm ready. I have 25-years worth of NPR tote bags locked and loaded!

Seriously. Winning an election is a game of addition, not subtraction. The MAGA base will vote for trump no matter what. However, the more they try to divide, the more they cull off moderate republicans. It does nothing to sway votes the other way. I personally know a lot of people who have traditionally voted the R ticket (and Trump on 2016) who are disgusted and will be voting D simply to get this guy out of office (my dad included.)

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
Noteable also:

The Trump campaign is broke. They blew through a billion dollars (much of which didn't actually go toward campaign activities.) The tweets and rallies and divisive language are a desperate attempt to get exposure on the cheap (or on the taxpayers dime with regard to AF1.)

Fun fact. Trump wasn't in 'Vegas for a rally (that was secondary). He was in town to kiss Sheldon Adleson's ass. The largest R donator who he pissed off earlier in the year.

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Black 2013 gti
bad1bc1dfdd21e8048a6a992513f0d5d--two-party-system-green-politics.jpg
43ab095d065407182ebf8adc88b0d6f6.png

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Vote third party! Seriously, I don't look at it as wasting my vote. Delaware is so solidly in the Democrat camp, voting for either major party really doesn't do anything. But if enough people vote for a third party that more closely aligns with their views (libertarian in my case), it can move the parties platform, even if only a little, towards your preferences when they see that a real % of votes were lost. Even if Gary Johnson or Jo Jorgenson isn't exactly who you'd want as president...

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
I honestly respect third party candidates and voters, and wish third party platforms could receive more exposure and support. I would consider third party if they hit my buttons, and the election wasn't so contentious.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Vote third party! Seriously, I don't look at it as wasting my vote. Delaware is so solidly in the Democrat camp, voting for either major party really doesn't do anything. But if enough people vote for a third party that more closely aligns with their views (libertarian in my case), it can move the parties platform, even if only a little, towards your preferences when they see that a real % of votes were lost. Even if Gary Johnson or Jo Jorgenson isn't exactly who you'd want as president...

What policies do you think a third party will bring to the table?

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
"Freedom to drive in the dark committee." I was ROLLING!!!! 😂

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
I'm ready. I have 25-years worth of NPR tote bags locked and loaded!

Seriously. Winning an election is a game of addition, not subtraction. The MAGA base will vote for trump no matter what. However, the more they try to divide, the more they cull off moderate republicans. It does nothing to sway votes the other way. I personally know a lot of people who have traditionally voted the R ticket (and Trump on 2016) who are disgusted and will be voting D simply to get this guy out of office (my dad included.)

It was the same for me. I was a registered Republican for 30 years, but Trump was it for me. I couldn't bring myself to vote for him EVER, and it made me sick that, out of a toilet bowl full of shit, he was the festering log conservatives fished out and propped up for president. I felt I could no longer associate with the political right, and aligned myself with the dems. I'm really more of a libertarian at heart, but wanted to show solidarity with the those whose focus is to rid the country of the scourge that is this president and this administration.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
What policies do you think a third party will bring to the table?
Specifically, I'd like to see liberal social policies, open borders, and free trade without also having to buy into stuff like writing Christianity into law, maintaining a bloated and expensive military, or funding a welfare state. Neither major party, and really no minor party, fully aligns with my personal preferences, but Libertarians are probably the closest for me. They still miss the mark on stuff like climate change for me, but hey, an 80% solution is better than a 50% solution, which is the closest either major party ever gets for me.