GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

cb1111

He said people should go to jail for murder for abortions. He votes for people trying to make that happen. The SCOTUS is stacked with far right loons who are forcing religion on society through the force of law and multiple states have passed laws that eeffectively ban abortion .

Add in the Hobby Lobby nonsense and asshole cake makers that are allowed to force their beliefs on employees and customers, it's ridiculous to say the religious right aren't trying to force their religion on others.

Always the apologist for fascism.
And herein lies the problem. He should be able to express his opinion on religion without being judged for those opinions. He most certainly should vote for whomever he wants and if the majority agrees by voting the same way and that results in a SCOTUS that is stacked one way or another then isn't that what the majority wants? And isn't that OK?

By your definition of "forcing your opinion on others", isn't that exactly what you are doing by belittling those that have a view that doesn't align with yours?

We, as a society, need to be able to listen to opposing viewpoints without discounting those viewpoints before we even hear them based on our prejudices about who that person may be.

We can only form an informed opinion if we've heard all sides.

In response to your rant on Hobby Lobby and the cake makers - it is their decision to run their businesses the way they want and we - as consumers - need to vote with our wallets. And why the fuck would you want to have a wedding cake made by a company that clearly doesn't like you. Even if I don't agree with the cake company, I recognize their right to refuse service for most any legal reason - and so should everyone. If you don't agree with a policy, rule, regulation or law that happens to be legal, then petition to get that policy, rule, regulation or law changed. If the majority agrees with you then it will be changed.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I saw that and didn't take it as forcing his opinion on others and took it instead as just his opinion. Perception is different for different people.
If he thinks abortion should be illegal and people should be tried for murder, then he most certainly is trying to force his beliefs on others by voting for people that are trying to pass laws based on his religious beliefs.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
And herein lies the problem. He should be able to express his opinion on religion without being judged for those opinions. He most certainly should vote for whomever he wants and if the majority agrees by voting the same way and that results in a SCOTUS that is stacked one way or another then isn't that what the majority wants? And isn't that OK?

By your definition of "forcing your opinion on others", isn't that exactly what you are doing by belittling those that a view that doesn't align with yours?

We, as a society, need to be able to listen to opposing viewpoints without discounting those viewpoints before we even hear then based on our prejudices about who that person may be.

In response to your rant on Hobby Lobby and the cake makers - it is their decision to run their businesses the way they want and we - as consumers - need to vote with our wallets. And why the fuck would you want to have a wedding cake made by a company that clearly doesn't like you. Even if I don't agree with the cake company, I recognize their right to refuse service for most any reason - and so should everyone. If you don't agree with a policy, rule, regulation or law that happens to be legal, then petition to get that policy, rule, regulation or law changed. If the majority agrees with you then it will be changed.
The second they start trying to enforce their opinions into a law it's no longer ok. Screw anti abortion legislation and anyone that supports that.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

By your definition of "forcing your opinion on others", isn't that exactly what you are doing by belittling those that a view that doesn't align with yours?

We, as a society, need to be able to listen to opposing viewpoints without discounting those viewpoints before we even hear then based on our prejudices about who that person may be.

In response to your rant on Hobby Lobby and the cake makers - it is their decision to run their businesses the way they want and we - as consumers - need to vote with our wallets. And why the fuck would you want to have a wedding cake made by a company that clearly doesn't like you. Even if I don't agree with the cake company, I recognize their right to refuse service for most any reason - and so should everyone. If you don't agree with a policy, rule, regulation or law that happens to be legal, then petition to get that policy, rule, regulation or law changed. If the majority agrees with you then it will be changed.
No, that isn't ok, and they aren't the majority. The religious right have used voter suppression, gerrymandering and fraud to gain and hold power.

And based on your argument, slavery would be ok as long as 51% of people wanted it.

That's literally why we don't have a direct democracy.

Reactions: WAP

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If he thinks abortion should be illegal and people should be tried for murder, then he most certainly is trying to force his beliefs on others by voting for people that are trying to pass laws based on his religious beliefs.
That's still just his opinion.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The second they start trying to enforce their opinions into a law it's no longer ok. Screw anti abortion legislation and anyone that supports that.
Or allowing employers not to provide birth control, or allow businesses to discriminate.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
and you think it should be legal and people should get away with murder......

fwiw I am pro-choice but I wouldn't kid myself and deny that it is killing of a child. I think the embryo, zygote, or whatever terms that have been thrown around to be designed to make people feel better about what must be a very difficult decision.

reminder I am an firm Atheist

Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I like CB's post but to clarify my opinion. I would not allow the cake makers the right to discriminate and I think all forms of birth control should be part of all insurance plans. I like much of Obama care and believe insurance should be a basic right.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car

By your definition of "forcing your opinion on others", isn't that exactly what you are doing by belittling those that have a view that doesn't align with yours?

We, as a society, need to be able to listen to opposing viewpoints without discounting those viewpoints before we even hear them based on our prejudices about who that person may be.

In response to your rant on Hobby Lobby and the cake makers - it is their decision to run their businesses the way they want and we - as consumers - need to vote with our wallets. And why the fuck would you want to have a wedding cake made by a company that clearly doesn't like you. Even if I don't agree with the cake company, I recognize their right to refuse service for most any legal reason - and so should everyone. If you don't agree with a policy, rule, regulation or law that happens to be legal, then petition to get that policy, rule, regulation or law changed. If the majority agrees with you then it will be changed.

I would agree for the most part, but sexuality is a protected class in our country, thus discrimination based on the same is illegal.

If cake makers don’t like this law, they can push to change it. Until then, they cannot refuse service based on the customer’s sexuality. The only reason the bakery got off the hook for a clear civil rights violation was not based in constitutional law, but rather the lower “court’s“ apparent religious bias/undertones. SCOTUS found the decision makers flawed, rather than the decision itself. But, in law, this happens a lot.

A simple, “we are all booked up for that timeframe and can’t take any others, I’m sorry.” But they didn’t, they made it a very clear case of discrimination, and broke the law... then they got off with a lucky technicality.

Reactions: WAP

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Only just figured that out????

Hang on isn't this a car forum??.....cars being one of the biggest legal killers of people on the planet??...

Perspectives???.....:unsure:
Not disagreeing with you, but no one is calling for a car ban...

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I do it for a living, and you?
Your business is death? Why am I not surprised? Sounds like the pandemic is a conflict of interest.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm not sure where I fall regarding the cake makers having been a a business owner my whole life. I would have baked the cake regardless of my viewpoint if for no other reason then making a profit. If I had been the one wanting the cake I just would have taken my business to a different cake maker.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
There's a new movie out called "Roe v Wade" that supposedly explains how the decision came to be.
I haven't seen it but heard a review. Streaming only.