GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
True. I suppose we'll have to wait for people to start suing other people for causing infections before it really matters. I mean, its recommended to wear a mask for the greater good - we all know that doesn't work unless you put someone's money on the line.

I like this idea. Trump makes people sign a waiver before a rally, but the average maskless mook doesn't have the same legal protection.

Instead of abulence chasers, there will be a new category of lawyers. Contact chasers.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I like this idea. Trump makes people sign a waiver before a rally, but the average maskless mook doesn't have the same legal protection.

Instead of abulence chasers, there will be a new category of lawyers. Contact chasers.

They already have contact chasers. It's called contact tracing.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I'm not trying harder.. I just see the general approved and agreed upon general consensus that mask are recommended as a precaution. You claim it isn't, yet supply nothing to support it. I can google every major health organization in the USA right now... They all recommend them.
Here's the scary thing:
It's possible your both googling the same thing.

Google responds to your internet activity and tries to tailor your results to match what it thinks you're trying to find. This is why it is great at finding exactly what you had in mind when you are shopping or trying to find the name of that song you like but can't remember. But it's scary because if I get most of my online news from large, reputable organization and search something like "do masks prevent COVID-19", I'll get links to health organizations that recommend them and studies showing they work. But if I spend all day looking at Breitbart, The Blaze, One American News, and various other propaganda sites and do the same search, I'll get a list of conspiracies, articles where that doctor that thinks sex with demons causes infertility talks about fake medicine, and Qanon blog entries about how George Soros is plotting to make us all wear masks because it helps him get off in his dungeon where he keeps kidnapped children.

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Black 2013 gti
Screenshot_20200926-072421_Instagram.jpg

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I love the people citing the changing of the guidelines as proof of the CDC being disreputable.

This is called learning. 🤯

When you discover a patch of road is icy in the morning only a total idiot crashes there the next day. You, wait for it, change your behavior based on newly acquired information.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I love the people citing the changing of the guidelines as proof of the CDC being disreputable.

This is called learning. 🤯

When you discover a patch of road is icy in the morning only a total idiot crashes there the next day. You, wait for it, change your behavior based on newly acquired information.

But were you wearing a mask when you got to the icy part?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

This is called learning.
You're right, we've learned that unless you are old (over 70) or sick, the virus is not a threat. So why are they still acting like it's the end of the world?? Hasn't the CDC been around 74 years? Don't they understand the basics of a virus? Or is the whole thing an #Agenda21...

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I can't seem to find any major health body that doesn't recommend wearing a mask right now. Can't find a governing body that doesn't recommend it right now either.. Please help me with your clearly superior Google-Fu.
It's called the Deep State, congratulations you've spotted a pattern.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I'm not trying harder.. I just see the general approved and agreed upon general consensus that mask are recommended as a precaution. You claim it isn't, yet supply nothing to support it. I can google every major health organization in the USA right now... They all recommend them.
This is not true. There are groups of doctors speaking out, even creating lawsuits. You can't say 'they all recommend them' when there are legitimate, professional, dissenting voices.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Nah - I believe i owe the world something. Do something for the greater good. A little inconvenience is OK, if it benefits society as a whole
The statistics say you are only benefiting the 70+ crowd, and only if you have the virus. Masks should be worn at your own risk. There are people getting infections FROM the mask, unrelated to the virus. Just because you do ok with it, doesn't mean everyone else does. It's more than a little inconvenience, and you are not benefiting society as a whole. If you're not actually sick, you are not preventing shit.
'Don't share your air,' you do realize the earth is a closed system and we share our air with every animal and plant? Catching a little spittle is not saving the world.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Nah - I believe i owe the world something. Do something for the greater good. A little inconvenience is OK, if it benefits society as a whole. I'm not religious, but "do unto others as you would have them do unto you", is a good is a good foundation.

You: I don't like a mask, so 'f everyone else. I'll find an excuse to not wear a mask.

You clearly got hung up on the snowflake idea. Can you link me to where I called you one?