GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Also, you have to wet a cloth mask to assist in capturing smoke particles and only as a temporary solution while you seek shelter. Though cloth masks will help with ash.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
I have worn a mask, on occasion. Mutual respect. What I won't do is wear it all the time, outdoors, at home, or having sex. I don't care how many 'experts' they bring in.

Just do this, encourage other people to do the same, stop spreading propaganda that this is part of some wild conspiracy, and we're all good. I don't want to wear a mask, it sucks. I wear a mask because I'm part of a civil society. It's how large numbers of people are able to co-exist.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
And here we go again..

Did you do the experiment with breathing on the mirror? If water vapor passes through a mask, why is the transfer reduced by a factor you can no longer see it with the naked eye?
But you can't see the virus, right?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Black 2013 gti
20200912_142817.jpg

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
But you can't see the virus, right?
Correct, you can't see it. Just like you can't see all the water vapor spewing out of your mouth unless it's cold outside. The question is, if the mask does not block it AT ALL, and there is no point to wearing a mask - Why does it seem to stop the transfer of my breath to a mirror in such a way that I can't see my breath condense? It has to be stopping something, right? Probably the microscopic droplets that the virus I can't see hitches a ride on..

No one here said a mask is a perfect filter, only that they are a precaution that helps:
"Surgical masks might offer some respiratory protection from inhalation of infectious aerosols, but not as much as respirators. However, surgical masks worn by patients reduce exposures to infectious aerosols to health-care workers and other individuals. "
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30323-4/fulltext

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Here's how the mask works.

Genius covid denier is young enough to not have symptoms from the virus.

Unfortunately they're still susceptible to seasonal allergies and walk around sneezing occasionally. If they got the mask on a lot of the particles are blocked, it lessens the chances of spreading it. It's not 100% fool proof but it's better than praying for divine protection.

This is like not understanding why windows have screens. Yeah, the occasional bug can still get in, but most of them are kept out. Hurr durr.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Lets actually read a bit of what some of these say in earnest shall we?
Bottom Left PMID 22188875:
"
Abstract
There are limited data on the use of masks and respirators to reduce transmission of influenza. A systematic review was undertaken to help inform pandemic influenza guidance in the United Kingdom. The initial review was performed in November 2009 and updated in June 2010 and January 2011. Inclusion criteria included randomised controlled trials and quasi-experimental and observational studies of humans published in English with an outcome of laboratory-confirmed or clinically-diagnosed influenza and other viral respiratory infections. There were 17 eligible studies. Six of eight randomised controlled trials found no significant differences between control and intervention groups (masks with or without hand hygiene; N95/P2 respirators). One household trial found that mask wearing coupled with hand sanitiser use reduced secondary transmission of upper respiratory infection/influenza-like illness/laboratory-confirmed influenza compared with education; hand sanitiser alone resulted in no reduction. One hospital-based trial found a lower rate of clinical respiratory illness associated with non-fit-tested N95 respirator use compared with medical masks. Eight of nine retrospective observational studies found that mask and/or respirator use was independently associated with a reduced risk of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). Findings, however, may not be applicable to influenza and many studies were suboptimal. None of the studies established a conclusive relationship between mask/respirator use and protection against influenza infection. Some evidence suggests that mask use is best undertaken as part of a package of personal protection especially hand hygiene. The effectiveness of masks and respirators is likely linked to early, consistent and correct usage."

You do know Covid is SARS related right? "COVID-19 is caused by a virus that's closely related to the one that causes SARS. For this reason, scientists named the new virus SARS-CoV-2." - https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-vaccine/art-20484859

Lets move to the one above it, PMID 31289698:
"
Abstract
Background: Low-cost face masks made from different cloth materials are very common in developing countries. The cloth masks (CM) are usually double layered with stretchable ear loops. It is common practice to use such masks for months after multiple washing and drying cycles. If a CM is used for long time, the ear loops become stretched. The loop needs to be knotted to make the mask loop fit better on the face. It is not clear how washing and drying and stretching practices change the quality of a CM. The particulate matter (PM) filtering efficiency of a mask depends on multiple parameters, such as pore size, shape, clearance, and pore number density. It is important to understand the effect of these parameters on the filtering efficiency.
Methods: We characterized the surface of twenty different types of CMs using optical image analysis method. The filtering efficiency of selected cloth face masks was measured using the particle counting method. We also studied the effects of washing and drying and stretching on the quality of a mask.
Results: The pore size of masks ranged from 80 to 500 μm, which was much bigger than particular matter having diameter of 2.5 μm or less (PM2.5) and 10 μm or less (PM10) size. The PM10 filtering efficiency of four of the selected masks ranged from 63% to 84%. The poor filtering efficiency may have arisen from larger and open pores present in the masks. Interestingly, we found that efficiency dropped by 20% after the 4th washing and drying cycle. We observed a change in pore size and shape and a decrease in microfibers within the pores after washing. Stretching of CM surface also altered the pore size and potentially decreased the filtering efficiency. As compared to CMs, the less frequently used surgical/paper masks had complicated networks of fibers and much smaller pores in multiple layers in comparison to CMs, and therefore had better filtering efficiency. This study showed that the filtering efficiency of cloth face masks were relatively lower, and washing and drying practices deteriorated the efficiency. We believe that the findings of this study will be very helpful for increasing public awareness and help governmental agencies to make proper guidelines and policies for use of face mask.
Keywords: Face mask; Filtering efficiency; Particulate matter; Pore morphology."

Basically, Change your mask and replace it frequently...

Do I need to go on? Or do you have more facebook.freedomeagle.illuminati.org pictures to share with the class?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Thank you for bringing a meme to the table!

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
many studies were suboptimal.[/I][/U][/B] None of the studies established a conclusive relationship between mask/respirator use and protection against influenza infection
Do I need to go on? Or do you have more facebook.freedomeagle.illuminati.org pictures to share with the class?
I HAVE MOAR