Car(s)
VW GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

npace

Autocross Champion
You're talking in circles like Unreal1 again.

Vaccines aren't 100% effective. Masks aren't 100% effective. Social distancing isn't 100% effective.

You're playing the "If something isn't 100% effective, why do it" game.

That's a logical fallacy. It's about reducing transmission, to stop the spread.

My wife and are vaccinated and hang out with another couple that's vaccinated without masks. There is still a risk, but it's not high. Walking into a grocery store, we wear masks to reduce the possibility of catching covid, by reducing viral load, and reduce the chances of giving it to someone else if I have an asymptomatic case.

Outdoors, we keep 6 feet from other people.

Methods for reducing transmission can vary depending on the situation.

I get the restaurant example, either don't go, or stop the performative nonsense, I choose not to go.

The rest of you F1 rant was nonsense though.
So it's performative nonsense at a restaurant, but hugging everyone after a win without a mask and then wearing one for an interview where everyone involved is vaccinated and 6 feet away isn't. You're the one talking circles.

15 days to flatten the curve right? But how dare I question it, because science.

But me F1 rant nonsense you make good vaccine do protect. Translation: Please read your crap before you post it in an attempt to "educate" me.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So it's performative nonsense at a restaurant, but hugging everyone after a win without a mask and then wearing one for an interview where everyone involved is vaccinated and 6 feet away isn't. You're the one talking circles.

You misrepresent what I'm saying.

I clearly said indoor dining is a no go for me, because there's no requirement for vaccination. It's performative, because donning and dothing a mask increase risk of infection and you end up indoors with people of unknown vaccination status. The mask isn't going to make any difference walking to your table.

Hamilton not wearing a mask to congratulate his team, which are all vaccinated, and he's spent most days during the season around, isn't a huge risk.

And how do you know that everyone in the press pool is vaccinated?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6

I clearly said indoor dining is a no go for me, because there's no requirement for vaccination. It's performative, because donning and dothing a mask increase risk of infection and you end up indoors with people of unknown vaccination status. The mask isn't going to make any difference walking to your table.

Hamilton not wearing a mask to congratulate his team, which are all vaccinated, and he's spent most days during the season around, isn't a huge risk.

You're an extremist. You sound like a crazy person.

npace

Autocross Champion

Because I watch the post race interviews. There is only one vaccinated reporter there. All the other questions are asked via VTC. I didn't misrepresent what you said. Maybe you said something you didn't mean. That isn't misrepresentation.

cb1111

This COVID business was easy, no doubt aided by the prep my immune system got from the vaccine.
I noticed loss of taste and smell a little over a week ago, and nothing else happened. In fact, I was a little worried those sense would take a while to come back, knowing that the average "loss" time was 2wks, and personally knowing two people that lost theirs for nearly two months. But a little over a week has passed and my senses of taste and smell are about 75% back, I'd say.
So far, this has felt like a mandatory staycation. I've just been playing video games all day, or going out for some secluded weekday morning hiking. I go back to work later this week.
My brother-in-law (a teacher) had the same issue - cold type issues, loss of taste, smell and fatigue. He was really tired for a few days.

The doctor told him that without a vaccination, he probably would have been in ICU on a ventilator (he's a big guy and has a congenital heart issue). He felt bad on a Friday, was tested on Monday, diagnosed on Wednesday, cleared on Saturday and released for work on Monday.

I'm glad you're back to normal.

Last edited: