GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'd guess his team is vaccinated and/or tested, so he wouldn't really need a mask.

Mask in a room full of people seems reasonable.

I'm still not dining indoors, too many unvaccinated people.

It's become pretty clear that this virus is respiratory transmitted, not surface transmitted, so disinfecting surfaces and the handwashing is performative at this point when it comes to Covid 19, but always a good idea from a general hygiene perspective.

npace

Autocross Champion
I'd guess his team is vaccinated and/or tested, so he wouldn't really need a mask.

Mask in a room full of people seems reasonable.

I'm still not dining indoors, too many unvaccinated people.

It's become pretty clear that this virus is respiratory transmitted, not surface transmitted, so disinfecting surfaces and the handwashing is performative at this point when it comes to Covid 19, but always a good idea from a general hygiene perspective.
That's just it. If he's vaccinated, then he shouldn't need a mask. Unless the vaccine doesn't protect you.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I agree, that's why I said it wasn't about Hamilton. I didn't mean to sound like I'm criticizing him, I'm criticizing the FIA for making the mask mandatory. Congrats to Lewis for 100 GP wins, it's quite an achievement. It was undermined a little, I think, because a lot of fans were disappointed by the result Lando ended up with. Fantastic season, though.

This season is the best in a very long time. So many surprises and the tightest championship since 2016, but that was between a single team's drivers. Tightest since 2012 if we're talking about different teams' drivers. Very refreshing season.

I think the FIA is doing what any large, highly visible organization would do. Are masks the single lynchpin keeping everyone involved in F1 from catching COVID? Absolutely not, and there have already been a handful of cases among the teams, and even among drivers. Hamilton, Räikkönen, Gasly, Perez, Norris, Leclerc and Stroll have all recovered from COVID. Toto Wolff even got COVID. But are they hurting anything? Also no.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
How you gonna eat through a mask?

I've been to places that say you gotta put your mask back on between bites or sips.

Yeah no, I'll just eat outside.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That's just it. If he's vaccinated, then he shouldn't need a mask. Unless the vaccine doesn't protect you.

That's asinine. No one has ever claimed any of the vaccines are 100% effective, even before the delta variant.

You not understand vaccines doesn't give you the right to spew logical fallacies like they're cool.

npace

Autocross Champion
That's asinine. No one has ever claimed any of the vaccines are 100% effective, even before the delta variant.

You not understand vaccines doesn't give you the right to spew logical fallacies like they're cool.
And you don't understand masks, or sentences, apparently. According to the CDC, masks might protect other people if you have the virus, and might protect the wearer. They are also, according to the CDC, not a replacement for social distancing. So again, if Lewis and his team are vaccinated, who are they protecting each other from?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html

coniglio rampante

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Edit
I think that he may have simply forgotten, in the moment. Hamilton had a very low chance of winning that race all the way until the final few laps. Couple that with the fact that his win yesterday meant he now is the first F1 driver in history to reach 100 victories. Really big win for him.

I'm not disagreeing with your criticism of "what is the point of the mask, then?". Just offering insight as to why putting a mask on wasn't the first thing on Hamilton's mind. Big emotions and lots of adrenaline with that win -- it was far from easy for him.
That’s certainly believable.

Re: the point of the mask…could be something along the lines outlined below, and the massive investment the teams make in their drivers…and the investment the “pay-to-play” drivers (or Daddies) make in their teams (I’m looking at you, Nikita MazeSpin😉):

• The risk for SARS-CoV-2 infection in fully vaccinated people cannot be completely eliminated as long as there is continued community transmission of the virus. Early data suggest infections in fully vaccinated persons are more commonly observed with the Delta variant than with other SARS-CoV-2 variants. However, data show fully vaccinated persons are less likely than unvaccinated persons to acquire SARS-CoV-2, and infections with the Delta variant in fully vaccinated persons are associated with less severe clinical outcomes. Infections with the Delta variant in vaccinated persons potentially have reduced transmissibility than infections in unvaccinated persons, although additional studies are needed.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/fully-vaccinated-people.html

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
And you don't understand masks, or sentences, apparently. According to the CDC, masks might protect other people if you have the virus, and might protect the wearer. They are also, according to the CDC, not a replacement for social distancing. So again, if Lewis and his team are vaccinated, who are they protecting each other from?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html

You're talking in circles like Unreal1 again.

Vaccines aren't 100% effective. Masks aren't 100% effective. Social distancing isn't 100% effective.

You're playing the "If something isn't 100% effective, why do it" game.

That's a logical fallacy. It's about reducing transmission, to stop the spread.

My wife and are vaccinated and hang out with another couple that's vaccinated without masks. There is still a risk, but it's not high. Walking into a grocery store, we wear masks to reduce the possibility of catching covid, by reducing viral load, and reduce the chances of giving it to someone else if I have an asymptomatic case.

Outdoors, we keep 6 feet from other people.

Methods for reducing transmission can vary depending on the situation.

I get the restaurant example, either don't go, or stop the performative nonsense, I choose not to go.

The rest of you F1 rant was nonsense though.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I only have one MBA. I have two Master's Degrees. That said, a 6th grader could figure out that if 50% of the US in vaccinated and over 95% of people in the hospital for COVID are unvaccinated... that it would suggest that the vaccine works. I'm not sure where you got your degree at, tho... maybe Trump University? The university where a "BS Degree" means something else entirely...
Get your booster and you'll probably be dead by Christmas. That's what's happened in Israel.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
  • The risk for SARS-CoV-2 infection in fully vaccinated people cannot be completely eliminated as long as there is continued community transmission of the virus. Early data suggest infections in fully vaccinated persons are more commonly observed with the Delta variant than with other SARS-CoV-2 variants. However, data show fully vaccinated persons are less likely than unvaccinated persons to acquire SARS-CoV-2, and infections with the Delta variant in fully vaccinated persons are associated with less severe clinical outcomes. Infections with the Delta variant in vaccinated persons potentially have reduced transmissibility than infections in unvaccinated persons, although additional studies are needed.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/fully-vaccinated-people.html
Right.........spoon fed what they want you to believe directly from their website. Government 1, you 0

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
The 'vaccinated' are most afraid of the virus. Wonder why that is? :unsure: