GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
everyone is always just so peachy in here :giggle:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You are a confused little child. I'm as far from libertarianism as nazis are from loving Jews.

I pound on dems in this thread because:
1. Their supporters in here are more aggressive, and it's boring to beat on the quiet ones.
2. While reps are more blunt about their intentions, dems are constantly putting on a façade, as if they care about regular people. I don't like pretenders, and i naturally go after the fakers.

In the end, if both parties have a fight to the death and annihilate each other, the regular people will only benefit.

Democrats - public funded education, public funded health care, living wages.

Republicans - Qanon conspiracies and Tax cuts for billionaires.

BOTH SIDES

Reactions: WAP

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Ridiculous.

Translation: anyone is better than a white supremacist.

And i would agree had the alternative really been different for the general population. But it's not: taxes and prices won't go down, housing won't become affordable, pensions won't cone back, Mexican immigrants won't start getting paid more, blacks won't see their conditions improve.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Translation: anyone is better than a white supremacist.

And i would agree had the alternative really been different for the general population. But it's not: taxes and prices won't go down, housing won't become affordable, pensions won't cone back, Mexican immigrants won't start getting paid more, blacks won't see their conditions improve.

And nothing Trump did solved those issues either, so......

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Democrats - public funded education, public funded health care, living wages.

Republicans - Qanon conspiracies and Tax cuts for billionaires.

BOTH SIDES

Oh my god, you need to stop. The dems won't go farther than slogans just to get elected.
Under dems i was being penalized for not having insurance even though i was making didly squat (thanks, Bama). First they promise to get into office, then they fuck you over, just like the reps.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Please, you're so full of your own hubris we need an N95 just to breath... the fuqing title of the damn thread is that COVID is a "Scandemic," which is a reference to Republican conspiracy theory that the "deep state" US Govt (ie - Democrats in govt) are greatly exaggerating the dangers of COVID in order to control normal Americans and put in place more Democrats in govt. So, yeah, the title of the thread isn't "Hey Dumbass Qanon Believing Republicans, Quit Bitchin' About Fake Conspiracy Theories and Get Vaccinated with The World's Safest FDA Approved COVID-19 Vaccine." Now, if the thread were titled that way, you might have a point, but it isn't and you don't.

Let me know when you have something sensible to say. Until then please keep holding your breath. ;)

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

npace

Autocross Champion
Well, since this is a car forum thread about COVID, mind if I change the subject?

I don't know if anyone watched the Russian GP yesterday, but I noticed, right after the race, Lewis Hamilton gets out of his car, goes straight to his team and hugs and high-fives everyone. Then goes to the post-race reaction (different than the interview) answers a few questions, and proceeds to pull out a mask, with his still unwashed hands, and put it on his face.

This isn't about Hamilton or whatever, just the mask part. Why the charade? At that point, it isn't protecting him or anyone else. Seems like it's more about virtue signaling than COVID. "See, F1 cares about COVID, so we make our drivers wear masks."

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Well, since this is a car forum thread about COVID, mind if I change the subject?

I don't know if anyone watched the Russian GP yesterday, but I noticed, right after the race, Lewis Hamilton gets out of his car, goes straight to his team and hugs and high-fives everyone. Then goes to the post-race reaction (different than the interview) answers a few questions, and proceeds to pull out a mask, with his still unwashed hands, and put it on his face.

This isn't about Hamilton or whatever, just the mask part. Why the charade? At that point, it isn't protecting him or anyone else. Seems like it's more about virtue signaling than COVID. "See, F1 cares about COVID, so we make our drivers wear masks."
It's ridiculous and happens in all sports and with celebrities etc.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

I think that he may have simply forgotten, in the moment. Hamilton had a very low chance of winning that race all the way until the final few laps. Couple that with the fact that his win yesterday meant he now is the first F1 driver in history to reach 100 victories. Really big win for him.

I'm not disagreeing with your criticism of "what is the point of the mask, then?". Just offering insight as to why putting a mask on wasn't the first thing on Hamilton's mind. Big emotions and lots of adrenaline with that win -- it was far from easy for him.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Same thing as with their antiracism campaign. Rich af racing teams pretending they care.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1

You got me. It makes about as much sense as people who wear a mask to enter a restaurant, then take it off for two hours to eat.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
You got me. It makes about as much sense as people who wear a mask to enter a restaurant, then take it off for two hours to eat.
Yeah, never quite understood that one. It's not like there's a force field around my seat, keeping the stank in.

npace

Autocross Champion
I think that he may have simply forgotten, in the moment. Hamilton had a very low chance of winning that race all the way until the final few laps. Couple that with the fact that his win yesterday meant he now is the first F1 driver in history to reach 100 victories. Really big win for him.

I'm not disagreeing with your criticism of "what is the point of the mask, then?". Just offering insight as to why putting a mask on wasn't the first thing on Hamilton's mind. Big emotions and lots of adrenaline with that win -- it was far from easy for him.
I agree, that's why I said it wasn't about Hamilton. I didn't mean to sound like I'm criticizing him, I'm criticizing the FIA for making the mask mandatory. Congrats to Lewis for 100 GP wins, it's quite an achievement. It was undermined a little, I think, because a lot of fans were disappointed by the result Lando ended up with. Fantastic season, though.