GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

Unreal1

Autocross Champion

coniglio rampante

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Edit
I mean, it does work to keep you out of the hospital. It just doesn't work like they were saying it was going to before it was released.

Turns out it's basically just like the Flu shot. It works, but it doesn't stop the spread, and break through cases can still be severe.

At this point I feel like there is no reason for any business to mandate the vaccine. We can't stop the spread without -drastic- measures, the vaccine just stops you from getting sick, so it should simply be a personal choice.

If you want to roll the dice with mUH Covid than we should just let you.
Very true. They should adhere to the rugged individualism ideal and forgo any hospitalization (especially since there are people who rightly say they had Covid and it wasn’t so bad at all, so maybe it is just like the flu, right?).
So, if the good folks, who for reasons of their own, don’t want the vax, would just stay at home and should they get it, just ride it out to whatever its conclusion, then society would owe ‘em a solid.
Then hospitals wouldn’t have to consider rationing healthcare for “regular” issues like heart attacks, joint replacements, burn victims, or whatever, because the ICU’s and general beds would no longer be full of the (oddly) ailing vax-hesitant that we are seeing today.
It’s a rare win-win: people get to live or die by their principles while setting a good example for the rest of the world, and other people can receive the care for more traditional issues that won’t put a strain on the system.

I mean, there are tweets that say the vaccine is the real danger, not the virus, so that’s a fact now.

Live Free or Die Trying! Amirite?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Very true. They should adhere to the rugged individualism ideal and forgo any hospitalization (especially since there are people who rightly say they had Covid and it wasn’t so bad at all, so maybe it is just like the flu, right?).
So, if the good folks, who for reasons of their own, don’t want the vax, would just stay at home and should they get it, just ride it out to whatever its conclusion, then society would owe ‘em a solid.
Then hospitals wouldn’t have to consider rationing healthcare for “regular” issues like heart attacks, joint replacements, burn victims, or whatever, because the ICU’s and general beds would no longer be full of the (oddly) ailing vax-hesitant that we are seeing today.
It’s a rare win-win: people get to live or die by their principles while setting a good example for the rest of the world, and other people can receive the care for more traditional issues that won’t put a strain on the system.

I mean, there are tweets that say the vaccine is the real danger, not the virus, so that’s a fact now.

On a serious note, I am legitimately wondering when/if they will allow health insurers to deny COVID coverage for the unvaccinated.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Israeli doctor Kobi Haviv told Channel 13 News: “95% of seriously ill patients are vaccinated. Fully vaccinated people account for 85-90% of hospitalizations.

https://americasfrontlinedoctors.or...us-vaccinated-people-are-dangerous-for-others

FWIW, there are some things taken out of context, for example, the 95% and 85-90% numbers here are not only from a single hospital in Israel -- Herzog Hospital -- but the numbers are from the wing in the hospital that exclusively treats the elderly (the highest-vaccinated age group). These numbers are not representative of the whole country. Here's a Bolivian article that clarifies and contextualizes some of this data from Israel.
It is false that the majority of critically hospitalized patients in Australia and Israel are vaccinated – Bolivia Verifies (boliviaverifica.bo)

Edit: spelling

Last edited:

coniglio rampante

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Edit
On a serious note, I am legitimately wondering when/if they will allow health insurers to deny COVID coverage for the unvaccinated.
I don’t have an answer for full-denial, but almost 3/4 of insurers are no longer waiving the cost-sharing amounts. https://www.healthsystemtracker.org...-waiving-cost-sharing-for-covid-19-treatment/

And rationing is being seriously contemplated. Maybe “Sarah Barracuda” will get to finally see those “death panels” she was going on about.
That’s https://www.npr.org/sections/health...helming-hospitals-raising-fears-rationed-care

Reactions: WAP

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
That's what millions did last year, including myself. We now know twice as many were infected as were tested...all those people rode it out at home too. Again, you're welcome.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Or unvaccinated...surcharge.
Vaccinated super spreaders already get a free pass everywhere. Let's test for real antibodies and separate the men from the boys.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
FWIW, there are some things taken out of context, for example, the 95% and 85-90% numbers here are not only from a single hospital in Israel -- Herzog Hospital -- but the numbers are from the wing in the hospital that exclusively treats the elderly (the highest-vaccinated age group). These numbers are not representative of the whole country. Here's a Bolivian article that clarifies and contextualizes some of this data from Israel.
It is false that the majority of critically hospitalized patients in Australia and Israel are vaccinated – Bolivia Verifies (boliviaverifica.bo)

Edit: spelling

I'll pass on that source. Overall 60% of the hospitalized are fully vaccinated.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...s-in-israel-fully-vaccinated-study-finds.html

In other words they're still faring worse than unvaccinated. I understand more people are vaccinated than not in Israel, but if the vaccine is effective they should not make up the majority of hospitalizations.

Yes, most of those cases are in people over 60, but if the vaccine can't protect the vulnerable what good is it?? You guys keep citing data from age and health groups who likely wouldn't be hospitalized without the vaccine while ignoring the group that matters most.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Imho, appealing to a sense of collectivism in a capitalist society founded on satisfying exclusively personal needs/desires is an oxymoron.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Color me surprised, the FDA did not approve boosters for everyone. But they do recommend them for 65+
Like Cuomo and other Democrats, they are killing off the elderly.
@jimlloyd40 I WANT YOU TO LIVE, DON'T GET THE BOOSTER!!!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fda-pa...s-as-health-officials-debate-need-11631871003

1631914950722.png