GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
In that case I'm completely against it. There are too many problems on earth to spend money like that. If private companies want to do it on their dime that's their prerogative. I didn't read that whole link you posted but if some of that budget is for paying SpaceX to ferry supplies and astronauts to the international space station that's different. But not moon exploration.
Too much risk in space flight for private investors to provide the needed capital without Government backing. That's just the reality.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Too much risk in space flight for private investors to provide the needed capital without Government backing. That's just the reality.
Other than paying SpaceX to go to the international space station, which actually saves NASA money, how much of their space program been financed with government money?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Other than paying SpaceX to go to the international space station, which actually saves NASA money, how much of their space program been financed with government money?
Please provide a source showing it has saved the government money.

SpaceX has received 4.9 billion in subsidies, on top of nasa training all the astronauts, maintaining the launch sites, paying for each launch, and FCC just gave SpaceX 900 million investment for their space based internet project.

Private space companies are just a way to siphon off money for the rich out of a government program or service. Also see MIC, private prisons, charter schools, private utilities, toll roads, etc...

They never actually save money, they just create a profit motive and a new lobbyist interest to bribe our politicians to sell us out.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Please provide a source showing it has saved the government money.

SpaceX has received 4.9 billion in subsidies, on top of nasa training all the astronauts, maintaining the launch sites, paying for each launch, and FCC just gave SpaceX 900 million investment for their space based internet project.
You tell me how much NASA pays SpaceX to go to the international space station as opposed to what it would cost NASA on their own.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Got the morning off because not enough work to go around.
I watched 'I Care A Lot' on Netflix. This woman uses powers by the state to become legal guardian of the elderly.
Put them in a nursing home where they can't see family. Sells their property.
It's disturbing.
AND IT IS CURRENTLY HAPPENING ON A NATIONWIDE SCALE
1614011523609.png

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
After being away for a few days...

1614012016243.jpg

Been spending too much of my free time playing Valheim with friends instead of working or following the thread...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You tell me how much NASA pays SpaceX to go to the international space station as opposed to what it would cost NASA on their own.
You still don't get it. Even if the cost is less, they've gotten a total of 6 billion in subsidies on top of that.

There's also no way to compare. You can compare what we were paying Russia to do launches, but nasa lost the ability after shuttle project scrapped and conservatives defunded NASA.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI