GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So they aren't. First, like I said, profit margins have almost tripled, and companies often operate at a loss for periods of time in order to gain market share.

You've bought into the nonsense that corporate America has been feeding Americans for decades to justify greed and massive income inequality.

Could you provide some proof that profit margins have almost tripled?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Could you provide some proof that profit margins have almost tripled?

Probably close to double. Point still stands, as 2019 was 12%. Impossible to figure out figures at this point.

download.png

Last edited:

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
good points fan99. i can agree with you that jobs are only made based on demand.

And just to ride those tailcoats, i think as technology keeps replacing jobs, or making remaining jobs much more productive, there will be less demand for people, leaving many with literally nowhere to work, or atleast nowhere meaningfully, nor for good $.

The obvious only solution is do as zrick says - let C-19 ride its course naturally, weeding out a large swathe of the population, so that we have less hungry mouths to feed with UBI.
I mean, the point of furthering technology and making life easier is for the people.
You say less demand for people(working), but if thats the case what do we need to produce anything for if not the "people"?
Its a fucking conundrum sir. Not arguing as its slowly heading that way. Whos going to buy such products when no one has a job because the robots took them. You Luddite!

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
on topic:

Mrs Mud is giving retirement notice today. Over 40 yrs as respiratory therapist at same place, she worked one year at another hospital then went where she is now. It was going to be early next year but they changed policy (effective Jan 1) and she would have lost 1/2 her due vacation time unless she waited till she turned 65.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
A bunch of countries figured it out and I think it’s a shame that America couldn’t support its citizens.
You are free to move to one of those countries....please reply back to the thread on how the works out...I hope it end up being better for you...

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Once again I'll ask how long should the shutdown have lasted? Until there is a vaccine?

Thats the thing it is a complete and utter fantasy that we will keep people from being infected...eventually the entire population will be exposed, and either get it or be a simp to matic...

Infection rate may be skyrocketing at the moment....but the death rate isn't...this bug has a 99 percent survival rate....if you told me everytime I walked out of my house to do my job I had a 1 percent chance of dying....I'm still walking out of my house...

I mean come one...you fellas havent played plague on phone or steam....damn humans...they always seem to survive...

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
on topic:

Mrs Mud is giving retirement notice today. Over 40 yrs as respiratory therapist at same place, she worked one year at another hospital then went where she is now. It was going to be early next year but they changed policy (effective Jan 1) and she would have lost 1/2 her due vacation time unless she waited till she turned 65.

Please tell Mrs Mud congratulations. Working at the same place for a lifetime used to be normal but it's a rarity today and she's to be congratulated.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I mean, the point of furthering technology and making life easier is for the people.
You say less demand for people(working), but if thats the case what do we need to produce anything for if not the "people"?
Its a fucking conundrum sir. Not arguing as its slowly heading that way. Whos going to buy such products when no one has a job because the robots took them. You Luddite!
i'm with ya, man. Yes, it is an oddity - tech makes life easier for people so that people don't have to do as much. however, if people don't have jobs to do, how to they get money to pay the price of all these commodities, since they commodities are created for profit/not just for shits and grins? I think that is KIND OF where UBI starts to step in - not that it solves those who literally wont have any job.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Probably close to double. Point still stands, as 2019 was 12%. Impossible to figure out figures at this point.

View attachment 193698
how much is tied to lower taxes, relaxed environmental costs, investment, etc? I'm not arguing profit may be up but to say wages are not tied into profits is missing an entire column in the spread sheet.

not an economist but looking at dates on chart I see early 90's as start of climb....tax rates declined, more jobs out sourced (at MUCH lower cost) would be the two biggest changes I see. Of course I know whose salaries have gone up, the gap between rich and poor is getting stupid bad

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^ there are sooo many factors.

X2 congrats to your wife!

I will be at the same place for 40 years, long as they keep being family oriented and giving me cool projects to work on.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Thats the thing it is a complete and utter fantasy that we will keep people from being infected...eventually the entire population will be exposed, and either get it or be a simp to matic...

Infection rate may be skyrocketing at the moment....but the death rate isn't...this bug has a 99 percent survival rate....if you told me everytime I walked out of my house to do my job I had a 1 percent chance of dying....I'm still walking out of my house...

I mean come one...you fellas havent played plague on phone or steam....damn humans...they always seem to survive...
if you had a 1% chance of dying every time you left your house I am thinking it would be 2:1 odds on your dying in one year.

not sure on maths....

yes I know the 1% figure is high but the threat is real and overwhelming the healthcare system is happening. see previous post about my source of info

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
its 100% happening. one of the projects i'm on for a hospital incurred a 1+ year slowdown in the schedule to compensate for lack of funding - lack of funding being due to a lack of space for typical work and procedures that make money, loss of production and efficiency for normal operations, and lastly, not sure about this, but probably lack of income for dealing with covid patients. IDK how that works but if you go to the hospital for an expensive emergency due to covid, IDK how that shakes out monetarily for the hospital. I think in general they make more $ dealing with procedures and surgeries than covid patient emergencies.

But yes... the imacts to the hospitals are real.