GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Thanks for volunteering. I volunteered (but didn't get picked) for the Astra Zeneca vaccine at Walter Reed - I spent too much time in the UK in the 80's.

Did you ever get told that you actually got the vaccine and not a placebo?
Due to my being “Hispanic” black and native (Taino) I was given the vaccine. All minorities who volunteered were. Seems like the blind portion of the study only went to white folks, there was like this sense of urgency to test the JnJ vaccine on minorities. Not sure why

cb1111

Due to my being “Hispanic” black and native (Taino) I was given the vaccine. All minorities who volunteered were. Seems like the blind portion of the study only went to white folks, there was like this sense of urgency to test the JnJ vaccine on minorities. Not sure why
Sorry, but that is a dumb ass way of doing a study. It is eve stupider to tell participants up front what they are getting.

If the plan was to see how effective the vaccine is on targeted groups, then giving the vaccine to the whole group is idiotic. I suspect they didn't but may have implied that they did/would vaccinate the group.

Normally, at the end of the trial, you'd contact the group that got the placebo and say "hey, you got a shot of saline, we'd like to give you your real shot now"

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Minorities have historically been unrepresented in drug trials, Most companies are making efforts to correct that.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Sorry, but that is a dumb ass way of doing a study. It is eve stupider to tell participants up front what they are getting.

If the plan was to see how effective the vaccine is on targeted groups, then giving the vaccine to the whole group is idiotic. I suspect they didn't but may have implied that they did/would vaccinate the group.

Normally, at the end of the trial, you'd contact the group that got the placebo and say "hey, you got a shot of saline, we'd like to give you your real shot now"
The study is nation wide. There’s no telling what the big picture was.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Minorities have historically been unrepresented in drug trials, Most companies are making efforts to correct that.
I was told that they wanted to isolate and determine if certain racial groups wouldn’t take well to the vaccine. Hence an element of caution.

cb1111

I was told that they wanted to isolate and determine if certain racial groups wouldn’t take well to the vaccine. Hence an element of caution.
It is a pretty well known fact that drugs/vaccines have different effects on different races/genders, so you really need to test on a broad scale.

The problem isn't solely that drug manufacturers don't want to test on a huge scale, but the sad fact is that certain segments of the population are less prone to volunteer for studies. By the time it comes to a clinical trial, the manufacturers are pretty sure it is safe already.

Thanks again for participating. If more people stepped forward then we'd have far safer drugs much quicker.

The CoViD trials were huge - far larger than a traditional trial and one reason why the EUA was issued so quickly.

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
Possibly. The point is however the universe started it had to start from something. I'm not trying to be contrary. I just can't wrap my brain around how there was nothing and now this. Something had to create the nothing that started the universe. But whatever that was had to come from something. And that something had to be created by something else. It's never ending.
If your brain can't wrap around that try wrapping it around the question of "where" is the universe?:unsure:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
To chime in on the religion conversion. I don't care at all. I'm the level below what an atheist is, because saying you're an atheist (to me at least) means you care enough about religion to brand yourself something. I just don't give a shit.

The human race has a propensity to "pigeon hole" people into categories so they can feel "safe" with their own "type", due to educational, religious, cultural habits/beliefs.

Power drives everything, the power over people, & the best way is either controlling resources, or having loads of money, or "control". Religion is a nice way of "control" which means power, & then comes money from that power.

Funny thing is virtually all the old religious texts are just a book of simple rules to live by, & originally stating "don't worship false idols, don't lust after money or power" etc.....& yet every single one has been "updated" & re-interpreted & twisted so that those in religious power can have more control over people.

Last edited:

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Not taking the bait tonight Keehs360. With all this talk about the universe I think I'll eat and watch a documentary on CuriosityStream about the universe. I'm hoping I can stay awake to the end.
Those narrators on the documentaries always have a soothing voice that makes me sleepy.
🥱
I watch documentaries to put myself to sleep for that very reason, along with Forensic Files and The Joy of Painting. I generally can't make it more than 10 minutes before zzzzzzzzzzzzz with Bob Ross, which is a bummer as I'd like to see how the paintings are finished...

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Day 40!

Let's hold our breath and see if Rickety takes Camayo Man up on his offer to settle them debts.

The vaccine roll out as an exercise in social science/engineering seems to be a failure despite them trying to target minority populations. Where I live the roll out still favors white people even though they are actively trying to correct the disproportionate effect the virus had on minorities.