GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Tomatoes are going good, that tall one is a bag seed from gorilla glue picked up in Colorado a year ago. Might be a male Tomatoe so have to keep an eye out.
The other 2 smaller ones(Bruce Banner and girl scout are auto Tomatoes) and the one in the small pot is ghost og photo. That power outage almost did them in!

Attachments

• 20210305_091128.jpg
    20210305_091128.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 94

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Good summer tires handle rain just fine too. All seasons have their place though. Where I live, it rarely snows and for about 1/3 the year it does wacky things like drop below freezing overnight, but get into the 40's or 50's during the day. Summer tires are like roller skate wheels at 25 degrees and winter tires feel sloppy at 50. So I use all seasons as my "winter tires", then go dedicated summer tires from April to November.

I do the same. AS in the winter and summer the rest of the year.

Don’t need winter tires around these parts. Little snow plus it’s flat AF unless you live close to the PA line.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
We used AS year round on the Audi Avant and Outback when we lived in CT with zero issues, but they were AWD. If they were fwd or rwd, I would have gotten snow tires. I used snow tires on the WRX, because didn't want to use AS on it in the summer and was daily driving on my autocross tires back then. I felt like a rally God on snows on the way to work on unplowed roads with snow tires and AWD.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I do the same. AS in the winter and summer the rest of the year.

Don’t need winter tires around these parts. Little snow plus it’s flat AF unless you live close to the PA line.
Delaware ftw!

I wish I could afford to live where there are hills. Greeneville, Centerville, Rockland = 7 figure home prices.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I’m a big fan of the Pilot Sport AS3+ Is that considered an all season in your book?
Yes
Your tires are filled with marinara, just like your disgusting pizza and your winter compound is as greasy as your crusts in our mid atlantic heat.
Your tires smell of elderberries

Reactions: WAP

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I run performance winters in winter (Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4) on my stock wheels. Snows take a shit due to excessive wear at anything above 50F.

our climate can be hot, cold, downpour, or dry at any given point during the non-snow months. Dedicated summer tires turn into hockey pucks when temps start dipping below the 45 degree mark... add to that wet/rain, and it gets damn scary. I ran Pilot Sport 4’s and they suck in cold/wet/frosty... basically a cool spring or fall evening. To use them I’d need to maintain winters, summers, and spring/fall tires. No thank you.

the trade of max performance in the 2mo of applicable use is worth the cost/hassle of three sets of rubber.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Unfortunately, I just run a/s year round. I don’t have anywhere appropriate to store an additional set of wheels and tires. I loved my AS3+.

AM407

Autocross Champion
I’ve got A/S3+ as my “summer” tires and like them. Stiff sidewalls, so crisp turn-in and good handling. They’re not quite as grippy as the pure summer tires I’ve had on the car, but they’re predictable at the limit and grippy enough for the street.

I won’t run them in real snow, but they’ve been great in the shoulder months when we might get a bit of precip and temps are around freezing. I end up running them an extra couple of months a year over when I had real summer tires, so the trade-off is worth it for me.

On the winter side, tires have come a long way over the years. I’m on Blizzak WS90 now, and they handle almost like a performance winter from ten years ago.

They’re still no fun if pavement is bare and you want to drive even slightly spirited, but they don’t totally suck all the enjoyment from pavement driving like regular winter tires did a few generations ago.