GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
At what point does the shooting become okay in that scenario? Before, during, or after.

So on the same vein, if an underaged lady goes out looking to maybe get some, then kills three during an attempted rape, she’s at fault? She shouldn’t have been there, she shouldn’t have been talking or dressed like that, right? She’s 17yo with a fake ID, she was breaking the law, so oh well? I know that’s not what you are saying, but in the legal argument the same situation exists. More below.

And if by hours you mean 30min to the closest metropolitan area, then yes.

My point is the three shootings could be defended as self defense, and likely will be with some success. The elements of self defense is there regardless of the underlying violations on both sides that lead to the death of two and wounding of a third. How we feel it should play out is legally immaterial. This is supported by Wisconsin Statute:

939.48(2)(a) A person who engages in unlawful conduct of a type likely to provoke others to attack him or her and thereby does provoke an attack is not entitled to claim the privilege of self-defense against such attack, except when the attack which ensues is of a type causing the person engaging in the unlawful conduct to reasonably believe that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm. In such a case, the person engaging in the unlawful conduct is privileged to act in self-defense, but the person is not privileged to resort to the use of force intended or likely to cause death to the person's assailant unless the person reasonably believes he or she has exhausted every other reasonable means to escape from or otherwise avoid death or great bodily harm at the hands of his or her assailant.

939.48(2)(b) (b) The privilege lost by provocation may be regained if the actor in good faith withdraws from the fight and gives adequate notice thereof to his or her assailant.

939.48(2)(c) (c) A person who provokes an attack, whether by lawful or unlawful conduct, with intent to use such an attack as an excuse to cause death or great bodily harm to his or her assailant is not entitled to claim the privilege of self-defense.

Even though Rittenhouse was breaking numerous laws, and looking every bit of douchebag, he was attacked while attempting to flee. By him attempting to flee and only engaging those posing direct threats to him, he can argue self defense. Now I believe there is some wiggle room for prosecution under para (c). This is a weak argument because Rittenhouse continued to flee, rather than turning to fire on a perusing attacker, thus meeting the stipulation under para (b). He was being physically engaged at the time of all four shootings, to include the misses.

The legal defense of protection of third parties argued for the other three isn’t sound because Rittenhouse was actively retreating, not engaging others outside of the self defense discussed above.

Again, I am not apologizing for Rittenhouse. He’s an idiot sheepdog tacticool wannabe who should have been home playing call of duty. None of those assholes should have been out there “defending” private businesses unless asked to do so by the owner of said business. Conversely, none of those assholes rioting should have been there either. None of those assholes should have tried to go after a fleeing dude with a gun. Lots of dumb shit on both sides never ends well for those involved. Personally, I hope Rittenhouse is tried as an adult and locked away for a good amount of time, and as a felon his right to bear arms revoked. The adult that put that rifle in Rittenhouse’s hand should be locked away for the straw purchase that was, and his constitutional rights revoked as well. Furthermore, I hope both of them are found civilly liable and spends the rest of their very long lives living in fear and paying retribution for their crimes.

Your equating an underage girl going out to party with a felony. Again, huge stretch.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Bro, bro, bro...C'MON MAN!!
Here's the deal...

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Historically, maybe. But we will have resolution soon, count on it.
"Welcome to tonight's episode of 'Am I Full of Shit?'. I'm your host, Zrickety. Tonight, we hit the jackpot! We found Bigfoot, we found Nessy, we found God, and we found evidence that Trump actually won the 2020 presidential election. Stay tuned!"

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Qanon is not the 'baseless conspiracy theory' CNN would lead you to believe. It's open source intelligence. I would encourage you to go to 8kun and see for yourself. Most Q posts point to legitimate sources and links. There is nothing Earth shattering there, but when you put it all together it paints a bigger picture. It's the first 'cult' that tells you to think for yourself.

1606072363188.jpeg

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I'm assuming being in possession of firearm but it is not.
In most (maybe all?) states. A minor illegally owning a fire arm is only a misdemeanor. And buying a weapon for a minor is also just a misdemeanor too (in many states iirc).

kinda frustrating. Somehow this is a thing that really shouldn’t be allowed and should carry heavier consequences

Reactions: WAP

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
In most (maybe all?) states. A minor illegally owning a fire arm is only a misdemeanor. And buying a weapon for a minor is also just a misdemeanor too (in many states iirc).

kinda frustrating. Somehow this is a thing that really shouldn’t be allowed and should carry heavier consequences

in Wisconsin the person 18 in possession of a dangerous weapon, nor supervised by an adult, hunting, or target shooting is a Class A misdemeanor. [648.60(2)(a)]

the adult providing said firearm is committing a felony. [648.60(2)(b) and (c)]

This doesn’t go into the straw-purchase laws if those were also violated by the dip shit that gave the kid a rifle.

And yes, I think the law needs to hammer harder in these cases.

edited to remove ambiguity

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
in Wisconsin the person 14-18 in position of a dangerous weapon, nor supervised by an adult, hunting, or target shooting is a Class A misdemeanor. [648.60(2)(a)]

the adult providing said firearm is committing a felony. [648.60(2)(b) and (c)]

This doesn’t go into the straw-purchase laws if those were also violated by the dip shit that gave the kid a rifle.

And yes, I think the law needs to hammer harder in these cases.
I see. I know each state declares this in any way they want due to their being no nation wide parity.

From my understanding. A minor owning an illegally owned firearm also has no predetermined jail time. And it’ll be up to the judge to decide the sentencing. At least in most states. Iirc New York definitely was smart enough to specify punishments when specifying and setting things in stone.

and this is the problem. A firearm in the wrong hands can shape history. It shouldn’t be a misdemeanor. And punishment should’ve been accommodated and set in stone. And America has yet to reel in this problem.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I see. I know each state declares this in any way they want due to their being no nation wide parity.

From my understanding. A minor owning an illegally owned firearm also has no predetermined jail time. And it’ll be up to the judge to decide the sentencing. At least in most states. Iirc New York definitely was smart enough to specify punishments when specifying and setting things in stone.

and this is the problem. A firearm in the wrong hands can shape history. It shouldn’t be a misdemeanor. And punishment should’ve been accommodated and set in stone. And America has yet to reel in this problem.

I would also say, a firearm in the right hands can change history. Depends on which side of history you stand on.

I agree though, I think common sense gun laws are needed. Along with strongly enforcing the ones we have. We also need to close up some loopholes.

And before I get the “you’re an anti-gunner” admonishment from the other side... I’m own a number of firearms, hunt, compete in long-range matches, and hold an FFL-03 license. I am most certainly gun friendly.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
This shit happens everyday.

conspiracy
[kənˈspirəsē]

NOUN
  1. a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

What's hilarious is that you don't see the open unlawful and harmful actions of Trump for the last 5 years.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It's as idiotic to deny Covid as it is to deny the Holocaust - but it doesn't have the overtones of hatred - it's not calling survivors 'liars' and it isn't attempting to spread hatred of their relatives.

Spanish flu was first identified in USA.

Welcome to the forum. You picked a hell of a thread for your first post.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
From witnesses, brandishing, and you know, illegally acquiring of a firearm.

941.20(1)(c):
(1)  Whoever does any of the following is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor:
(c): Except as provided in sub. (1m) intentionally points a firearm at or toward another. (Section 1m does not apply in this situation).

Also he seems to have pretty good muzzle control so the “brandishing” is conjecture without evidence. Or are we considering open carry as “brandishing” because it’s not the same thing. I haven’t seen evidence of him pointing the rifle at anyone he did not fire on. If you have something I’d love to see it, honestly. Even if he did point his weapon at someone, still not a felony.

Just because he acquired the firearm from an idiot, doesn’t make his acquisition illegal. The felony lies on said idiot.

Based on the evidence readily available, Rittenhouse did not commit a felony unless the prosecutor can establish the privilege of self defense was vacated. This is the basis of his pending charges, but the burdon of proof lies on the state, and reading the self defense laws in WI, I think that is going to be difficult.

That said, even though he might not be criminally liable, he can still be civilly liable because of all the facts discussed above. I hope he’s the latter if the former doesn’t stick.

Last edited: