GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
FB_IMG_1598899331320.jpg

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Wow go to work and come home to this.

My 2 cents is that none of the protestors should be in Wisconsin or elsewhere if their intent is to simply look for a fight, loot and destroy private properties and innocent people's livelihood in the process. That isn't how change happens. That's how innocent people's lives are destroyed.

Over 50 % of the people arrested in Wisconsin don't live there.

I feel pretty comfortable saying that none of the civil rights protesters are gathering specifically to go after us small people's private property, they all know that's very counter productive. If you look closely at all of these protests you start to see a trend... people gather to peacefully protest, the police show up and start slinging tear gas, and then the "riots" start. Unfortunately what does actually work is public property and corporate property destruction. Burn down a police station or an Autozone and all of a sudden concessions are made.

It doesn't have to be this way. If we could all agree that we shouldn't allow the police to just walk around and shoot people in the back this could stop. Kenosha wouldn't be what it is right now if they had immediately arrested the officers involved, but predictably they didn't, and then the protest starts, and then the police break out the tear gas, and then shit gets set on fire.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I feel pretty comfortable saying that none of the civil rights protesters are gathering specifically to go after us small people's private property, they all know that's very counter productive. If you look closely at all of these protests you start to see a trend... people gather to peacefully protest, the police show up and start slinging tear gas, and then the "riots" start. Unfortunately what does actually work is public property and corporate property destruction. Burn down a police station or an Autozone and all of a sudden concessions are made.

It doesn't have to be this way. If we could all agree that we shouldn't allow the police to just walk around and shoot people in the back this could stop. Kenosha wouldn't be what it is right now if they had immediately arrested the officers involved, but predictably they didn't, and then the protest starts, and then the police break out the tear gas, and then shit gets set on fire.

And small business destruction that people worked their whole life for. How do you account for over half the people protesting aren't Wisconsin residents? People who have traveled there to do what? Peacefully protest? No way.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
And small business destruction that people worked their whole life for. How do you account for over half the people protesting aren't Wisconsin residents? People who have traveled there to do what? Peacefully protest? No way.
If the protesters were coming for violence they’d come armed. Small business owners generally carry BOP insurance, so if if the police show up with their tear gas and businesses are damaged the accumulation of their life’s work doesn’t just disappear.

Martin Luther King wasn’t from Alabama, but I see nothing wrong with him traveling from out of state to participate in the march to Selma.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Do you have a source for your claim half are from out of state?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Do you have a source for your claim half are from out of state?

No I don't it was a news story I heard on the radio while working today. Probably shouldn't have said half but the report that I heard said more than half the arrests were people who aren't residents of Wisconsin. I think the station I heard it on uses ABC for their national news.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
My grammar sucks balls!! I just suck at it, always have.

Guy I work with has 2 masters degrees from MIT and can't spell worth a damn. I'm not the greatest speller either. I'm so bad sometimes my phone is like idk wtf you trying to say. Google can usually figure it out :LOL:.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
This is libel. I'll see you in court.

I'd win. The truth is an absolute defense against a libel claim. They'll read your posts and dismiss the case.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I watched the sheriff on live TV and he said roughly 100 out of 175 arrested were not residents.

Out of what number to protesters? If that is true, you can absolutely say that over half of the arrested protesters are from out of state, though I really don't trust the police at this point, but we'll assume it's true. That's a long way from half the protesters are from out of state.

This forum seems to have an issue with basic statistics that a high schooler should be able to grasp. But time and time again, people shift the denominators to suit biased claims. If you have to change the denominator, i.e. protester to arrested protester, covid positive to entire population, etc...,then you don't actually have a valid claim.

Reactions: WAP