GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

cb1111

Any sources on if the affected people were on birth control? I only saw that they were all women, aged 18-48. Nothing yet about if it's related to birth control.
They've not yet had the time to make a definitive connection - which is one reason for the pause.

One concern is that birth control has been getting far easier to get without going to your own doctor and there is a fear that some women are getting birth control that may not be suited for them - and their doctors would have prescribed something else. They will be looking at where the birth control came from and if they had some sort of pre-existing condition that should have prevented them from getting that particular birth control.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I just got off the telcon with CDC/FDA. In short, this is a testament to how well our system works. Every vaccine/medication/food can have an adverse effect on some part of the population, but how we deal with evaluating the reports, taking a pause to figure out what may be going on, is what gives us the safest food/medicine system in the world.

Specifically on J&J - aside from those people that were affected (and it still needs to be determined if the vaccine played a role - or how much of a role it played) - it is much ado about nothing.

If you're not on birth control or taking meds for a rare blood condition, then you have little to worry about. If you've gotten the vaccine and have not had a reaction in a couple of days, the you'll be fine too.

Remember that the J&J and Astra Zeneca vaccines work in similar ways and the CDC will be reviewing both. The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines have very few side effects.

Get vaccinated if you can.
Lol. I guess if you don't pat yourself on the back, no one else will. Europeans with their food and drug controls are laughing at your statement.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Seems like you're only here to mock people at this point. In regard to your analogy, I can also choose where and when I drive to maximize safety. If I want, I can choose to only drive at a specific times, or avoid interstate/highway travel. When I travel, I plan my trips and do research. I look at the route on a map weeks ahead of time when it's time to go on vacation.

The simple explanation here is these are all things I can control, and at the very least plan ahead for maximizing safety. Yes, I may get hit by a drunk driver and killed one day, but at the very least it won't be because I stepped out into traffic. I like to avoid unknown risks when possible, and if things continue at their current pace that may include participating in a drug trial.

Earlier you said the politicians were to blame for the J&J drama, but after doing my research, it seems to be multiple doctors at the CDC halting it. Another example of why it's so important to look out for your own best interest.

We usually just watch the weather and avoid going out in thunderstorms. Not really an equal analogy, since no one is asking you to take that risk.

I think I'm gonna dip out of this thread, seems to be emotionally driven more than anything else.
You are too logical for the raw untested vaccine fanboys around here. Won't be long until you are branded a zrick clone and red hatter.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I think that everyone has a right to feel however they want about whatever.

My issue with the pandemic, since its inception, has been the lack of communication that a healthy lifestyle can have on the immune system. I have yet to hear anyone communicate the benefits of: exercising, getting enough sleep, eating a diverse diet, less processed foods, taking vitamins etc... The majority of humans will take the path of least resistance in life and won't shift daily habits to those that promote a healthy lifestyle.

I read this article yesterday:
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/nine-ont...id-19-mother-fights-for-life-in-icu-1.5384431

And I feel absolutely terrible for the family, I too have had family members that have fought COVID. But you look at the picture, the dad that is at home recovering, looks like an older gentleman, but otherwise fine. You look at the mom, and well, she doesn't look like she can walk 3k.

Life is simple: exercise, eat well, spend less than you make.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Seems like you're only here to mock people at this point. In regard to your analogy, I can also choose where and when I drive to maximize safety. If I want, I can choose to only drive at a specific times, or avoid interstate/highway travel. When I travel, I plan my trips and do research. I look at the route on a map weeks ahead of time when it's time to go on vacation.

The simple explanation here is these are all things I can control, and at the very least plan ahead for maximizing safety. Yes, I may get hit by a drunk driver and killed one day, but at the very least it won't be because I stepped out into traffic. I like to avoid unknown risks when possible, and if things continue at their current pace that may include participating in a drug trial.

Earlier you said the politicians were to blame for the J&J drama, but after doing my research, it seems to be multiple doctors at the CDC halting it. Another example of why it's so important to look out for your own best interest.

We usually just watch the weather and avoid going out in thunderstorms. Not really an equal analogy, since no one is asking you to take that risk.

I think I'm gonna dip out of this thread, seems to be emotionally driven more than anything else.
If you think understanding the prevalence of clots in the general population is mocking, then I don't know what to tell you. If you can't comprehend basic probabilities, things seem scary.

I've been in health care for 30 years, as a combat corpsman, then surgical tech, then a PA. After retiring, I started doing health care analytics for a living.

If you can't see that 7 non fatal clots out of 14 million people is insignificant, vs 1 on 1000 adults in the general population having clots and 1 in 1000 covid 19 patients dying, then I just can't help you. Be terrified if you want.

I've been given close to 100 vaccines in my lifetime. I've administered thousands and thousands either directly, or under my supervision. I've yet to see a serious adverse reaction or death in 30 years. That doesn't mean they don't happen, it means that if there's an adverse reaction in 1 in every 100,000 people or every 1,000,000 people, it means that the average Dr., PA or Nurse is unlikely to see one or more than one during their career, unless they work with high risk patients. I would see 2 to 3 motor vehicle accidents in an ER shift. I've treated 2 lightning strike patients in my 30 years.

We live in a fact resistant society that's worried about vaccines while chugging 12 packs of beer and drinks truck loads of soda and food packed with preservatives.

Maybe you should actually listen to people that do this shit for a living instead of morons like zrickety, who obtained his vast medical knowledge on Twitter?

If you think facts are mocking, then maybe you're the problem, not the facts?

So, what's for lunch?

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I think that everyone has a right to feel however they want about whatever.

My issue with the pandemic, since its inception, has been the lack of communication that a healthy lifestyle can have on the immune system. I have yet to hear anyone communicate the benefits of: exercising, getting enough sleep, eating a diverse diet, less processed foods, taking vitamins etc... The majority of humans will take the path of least resistance in life and won't shift daily habits to those that promote a healthy lifestyle.

I read this article yesterday:
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/nine-ont...id-19-mother-fights-for-life-in-icu-1.5384431

And I feel absolutely terrible for the family, I too have had family members that have fought COVID. But you look at the picture, the dad that is at home recovering, looks like an older gentleman, but otherwise fine. You look at the mom, and well, she doesn't look like she can walk 3k.

Life is simple: exercise, eat well, spend less than you make.
All we had to do was get people to exercise and eat right?

Well why didn't you inform the CDC of your ground breaking David Avocado research?

(That's what mocking looks like.)

But seriously, being healthier helps with covid 19, and most health conditions, but many of the dead or those that have had to have lung transplants were healthy, able bodied people.

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
All we had to do was get people to exercise and eat right?

Well why didn't you inform the CDC of your ground breaking David Avocado research?

(That's what mocking looks like.)

But seriously, being healthier helps with covid 19, but many of the dead or those that have had to have lung transplants were healthy, able bodied people.
No, that's not what i'm saying, but what I am saying is that the most obvious is not pointed out and that leading a healthier lifestyle would have helped many. No need to mock.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
No, that's not what i'm saying, but what I am saying is that the most obvious is not pointed out and that leading a healthier lifestyle would have helped many. No need to mock.

Do you see a causal link between the commercialization of our food supply and less healthy people? Or are people today just fatties and previous generations had self control?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Do you see a causal link between the commercialization of our food supply and less healthy people? Or are people today just fatties and previous generations had self control?
Goes back to the point of least resistance, that I mentioned. People can still get raw vegetables and make their own food; they just choose the quick fix to hunger: processed food.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Goes back to the point of least resistance, that I mentioned. People can still get raw vegetables and make their own food; they just choose the quick fix to hunger: processed food.
You underestimate the difficulty of getting access to healthy food for a large portion of the population and discount the time investment and cost of preparing all your own meals from healthy whole ingredients.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
You underestimate the difficulty of getting access to healthy food for a large portion of the population and discount the time investment and cost of preparing all your own meals from healthy whole ingredients.
In North America? The same markets where processed foods are bought offer healthy food.

Time investment of preparing your own meals - path of least resistance if you don't.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Everybody - please take a deep breath here and quit your bickering about the vaccine - one of our own has a legitimate concern and we need to address his concerns without getting into a fistfight.

It is obviously very traumatic to get a shot and find out a few days later that there were adverse effects from this vaccine elsewhere.

Let me recap what we know:

We gave a shitload of these shots - about 6 million
There were 6 known adverse reactions that were significant
The people that had reactions were females on birth control
the adverse reactions happened within a few days

okMK - I know you are concerned (as you should be) but the vaccine you received was safe you. The CDC/FDA always errs on the side of caution which is why it generally takes a long time for meds to be approved here.

Sign up for vSafe (a CDC applet) and you'll get a daily test with a link to report any effects at all. If you report anything at all significant (not a "sore arm" or "tired"), then you'll get a text or call from the CDC. they can only do that because they KNOW that adverse reactions are very rare.

I've worked with Janet Woodcock (the acting FDA administrator) and I believe what she says. I've been in meetings with her where she was very vocal about problems - here she isn't concerned.

Drop me a PM if you want more information.
I'll PM you since my personal health concerns cross into the domain of auto immune.

If you think understanding the prevalence of clots in the general population is mocking, then I don't know what to tell you. If you can't comprehend basic probabilities, things seem scary.

I've been in health care for 30 years, as a combat corpsman, then surgical tech, then a PA. After retiring, I started doing health care analytics for a living.

If you can't see that 7 non fatal clots out of 14 million people is insignificant, vs 1 on 1000 adults in the general population having clots and 1 in 1000 covid 19 patients dying, then I just can't help you. Be terrified if you want.

I've been given close to 100 vaccines in my lifetime. I've administered thousands and thousands either directly, or under my supervision. I've yet to see a serious adverse reaction or death in 30 years. That doesn't mean they don't happen, it means that if there's an adverse reaction in 1 in every 100,000 people or every 1,000,000 people, it means that the average Dr., PA or Nurse is unlikely to see one or more than one during their career, unless they work with high risk patients. I would see 2 to 3 motor vehicle accidents in an ER shift. I've treated 2 lightning strike patients in my 30 years.

We live in a fact resistant society that's worried about vaccines while chugging 12 packs of beer and drinks truck loads of soda and food packed with preservatives.

Maybe you should actually listen to people that do this shit for a living instead of morons like zrickety, who obtained his vast medical knowledge on Twitter?

If you think facts are mocking, then maybe you're the problem, not the facts?

So, what's for lunch?
With respect (and thank you for your service) your entire response boils down to a series of appeal to experience/authority fallacies that do nothing for the data. I don't see 7 clots out of 14 million, I see incomplete data. This was the reason for the vaccine being halted, not the complete set of information. Your previous experience with clots, and the information from the CDC you posted in regard to clots doesn't make me feel any better, because that information is not in the context of this vaccine or this virus. Your sources are out of context, and your arrogance in the face of incomplete data is a cause for concern. Look at what has been submitted to VAERS just this year.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Sure, dual working parents commuting an hour each way CAN do that, but it isn't likely..

The reality is, between our food supply and modem society, it isn't an actual solution to the emergence of new viruses due to human activity,.