GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

cb1111

What the hells wrong with calling wheels rims? Isn't that what they are?
Rims are the outermost part of the wheel where the wheel meets the tire. The rim by itself is like a hula hoop - it is like referring to a car as a car part - "I went and drove my windshield to the store" "that is one sweet looking windshield", "a rock hit the windshield of my windshield"

cb1111

IF YOU GUYS ARE ALLOWED TO CALL WHEELS RIMS THEN @uglybastard AND I ARE ALLOWED TO SAY GRILLED CHEESE WHEN IT HAS MEAT IN IT

DAMNIT!
No, damnit - you'd have to call the "grilled cheese sandwich" a "grill sandwich" or "meat"

As in "I shoved my meat into my mouth" instead of "I shoved the grilled cheese into my mouth" - note the subtle difference?

Reactions: WAP

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
"I shoved my meat into my mouth"
1611590440010.gif

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
17s on my GTI: O.Z. Alleggeritas in summer because light weight and Denvers in winter because they came with the car. 225/45R17 for both.

Would even be tempted to go 16” if I had to do it again. 225/50R16 just looks beefy and mean and old-school serious. Pick something with stiff sidewalls and a W or Y speed rating and I bet handling would hardly suffer. Lighter and cheaper, too.

Are you lowered and can you post a pic?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Nope, stock height because we get winter here. I have thought about going with something like DG springs for a mild drop, but never got around to it.

View attachment 205233

Thanks. We have winter too, and my stock mud flaps scrape my driveway.

I’m debating now between 18 and dropping to 17’s. A set of 18x8 wheels/rims/rImZ/roundy bits/etc is $270 less than a set of 17’s with some AS3+’s.

original plan was to swap on my 4k old OEM 18” rubbers till they die.

@GTIfan99 how do the Cayman brakes fit under 17’s?