Car(s)
VW GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
Please explain how science is evolving when we have been dealing with coronaviruses for 200k years. You are simply repeating mindless talking points.
Nice way to mix up and confuse the facts. Corona viruses that cause the flu, do not kill and hospitalize at the rate that COVID kills and hospitalizes. Also, after your recover from the flu, there's almost no threat of long-term symptoms. Not so with COVID... approx 32.7% of those infected with COVID suffer some type of long-haul symptoms.

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
Wrong. I'm not going to re-hash the entire argument, but here, you clearly implied that Obama did not build the cages or separate families because I supposedly provided no proof. Below is the conversation just before I shoved it in your face with pictures because you refused to believe the mountain of links I provided. After the below post, you changed the argument, and started talking about "well, Obama didn't want to do it, and it wasn't as many kids, and it wasn't on purpose, blah, blah, blah." Taking a page from your book, show me where Obama demanded it stop. Because yes, Trump deliberately expanded the existing policy, but he was also the one who signed an executive order to end it. Why didn't Obama sign an executive order if he demanded that it stop?

View attachment 229759
Dude, that says exactly what I said it says... you're posting it as though it somehow is proving you right, and it does nothing of the sort. It only reinforces what I wrote.

npace

Autocross Champion
Dude, that says exactly what I said it says... you're posting it as though it somehow is proving you right, and it does nothing of the sort. It only reinforces what I wrote.
It says that you didn't believe that the cages were built under Obama because I didn't provide a citation, and that families weren't separated under him (they were, according to the flores agreement... look it up, I keep pointing that out and you keep ignoring it). You can word-parse all you want, but you're lying and you know it.

Last edited:

npace

Autocross Champion
Nice way to mix up and confuse the facts. Corona viruses that cause the flu, do not kill and hospitalize at the rate that COVID kills and hospitalizes. Also, after your recover from the flu, there's almost no threat of long-term symptoms. Not so with COVID... approx 32.7% of those infected with COVID suffer some type of long-haul symptoms.
You're the one mixing things up as well. Flu viruses (influenza) cause the flu. Corona viruses are upper respiratory viruses associated with colds. Also, please define "long-haul symptoms", especially since we don't really have any long term studies. Is it 2 years? 5? 10? Lastly, swine flu, for example, was more deadly than COVID-19, but it was not as easily spread. So your assertion about COVID being "more deadly" is at least misleading.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Not so with COVID... approx 32.7% of those infected with COVID suffer some type of long-haul symptoms.
I don't believe that for a second. Would love to see your peer reviewed study. I don't know any 'long haulers' except an obese woman who still needs oxygen.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
1636122880230.png

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
@BadHombre760 Also, your chart isn't terribly useful since M2 now includes quantitative easing (this was added in 2020, which caused some of the spike), and it doesn't show the velocity of money (how much is being actually spent). Merely "printing money" or having more of it available doesn't magically cause the inflation (edit) we're seeing today.
Guess what guys?? Turns out printing 4.5 TTTTTrillion USDs in a single year has no impact on inflation whatsoever!! Not a single USD lost any value at all! 😲

Sending checks to millions of Americans during an economic shutdown is completely irrelevant!!

In fact, we're not even spending any of that money! The Fed Reserve and Treasury are just printing out the ass for the fun of it!

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
LMAO why am I not surprised you would end up here. You don't even know what the chart you cited represents.

I never said it doesn't contribute to inflation. I said it doesn't create the inflation we are seeing TODAY. FFS. Grow up. Go learn economics.

Edit: Wow this entire thread is even dumber than I initially realized 😂. Out.

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
LMAO why am I not surprised you would end up here.

I never said it doesn't contribute to inflation. I said it doesn't create the inflation we are seeing TODAY. FFS. Grow up. Go learn economics.
you mean why would i move it to the thread that's meant to discuss politics, after you started discussing politics in a car thread? ya, real shocker

and ok so your argument is "sure, printing leads to inflation. but the massive increased amount of printing we did last year? completely irrelevant to the massive increased inflation happening now"

thanks for the clarification

FFS. Grow up. Go learn economics.
that's very mature of you

Edit: Wow this entire thread is even dumber than I initially realized 😂. Out.
edited 10 minutes after this post to pretend like he had already left :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

npace

Autocross Champion
Guess what guys?? Turns out printing 4.5 TTTTTrillion USDs in a single year has no impact on inflation whatsoever!! Not a single USD lost any value at all! 😲

Sending checks to millions of Americans during an economic shutdown is completely irrelevant!!

In fact, we're not even spending any of that money! The Fed Reserve and Treasury are just printing out the ass for the fun of it!

LMAO why am I not surprised you would end up here. You don't even know what the chart you cited represents.

I'm not sure what the entire argument is, but the velocity of money is not the amount being spent. It is a way to quantify the number of transactions taking place. It measures the number of transactions taking place per dollar. An oversimplification is if Mr. Jones buys a widget from Mr. Smith for $1, and then Mr. Smith buys a different widget from Mrs. Lee, then the velocity is 2, because two transactions took place. The amount of money is still $1.

As for "printing money" the FED controls the US monetary supply, and does specifically order printing, (the treasury actually prints it) typically by purchasing bonds (although there are other triggers) in order to increase inflation. QE was when this happened on a massive scale in 2008-2009 in order to prevent deflation. The FED also uses its power to set interest rates to control economic cycles. Right now, the fed is slowing its bond purchases and signaling that it expects to start raising interest rates in 2022 (likely summer, but nothing set yet) in response to current inflation. One of the reasons cited is that inflation is outstripping economic growth, due in large part to stimulus plans introduced in response to COVID.