GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The classy alcoholics thread

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
I know you're looking (likely) for Irish Whiskey, but FYI this'll do if you're in CO around the Denver area. One of the main things I miss after moving.

https://www.madrabbitdistillery.net/

I've been concentrating on Scotch (Islay region mostly) mostly for a while, interested to see what suggestions you get and I'll probably try one myself next trip to the store.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I'm a big fan of Jamison's black barrel. Smooth.... mmmm, Might get me one tonight also.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
I know you're looking (likely) for Irish Whiskey, but FYI this'll do if you're in CO around the Denver area. One of the main things I miss after moving.

https://www.madrabbitdistillery.net/

I've been concentrating on Scotch (Islay region mostly) mostly for a while, interested to see what suggestions you get and I'll probably try one myself next trip to the store.
Actually even though I do love my Irish whiskey, I am always willing to go out of my comfort zone. If I'm even in CO, I'll definitely have to give that a shot

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Went with a few bottles instead of one high priced one. Thanks for the suggestions though. Definitely a few I plan on trying in the future.
PXL_20210122_223942659.PORTRAIT.jpg

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
🇮🇪 🇨🇦 🇯🇵

Nice selection, curious to know how the Hato is when you get around to it.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
mmmmmm
40 creek... been a while since I've laboured on that one

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Went with a few bottles instead of one high priced one. Thanks for the suggestions though. Definitely a few I plan on trying in the future. View attachment 200903
Very interested to hear about all three of these; I've never had any of them.

Some of my favorites lately are Ardbeg 10y, Oban Little Bay, and Suntory's Yoichi and Yamazaki Single Malts.

The best bang-for-buck stuff on my shelf is Buffalo Trace, Rittenhouse Rye, and Evan Williams Single Barrel, all <$35.

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’m a cheap date, enjoying a nice tall Jack with a splash of Coke (which is kind of rare for me) as I type this.

I had some Blanton’s Bourbon at dinner last week and it was good, but regular ol Jack is still my favorite.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Very interested to hear about all three of these; I've never had any of them.

Some of my favorites lately are Ardbeg 10y, Oban Little Bay, and Suntory's Yoichi and Yamazaki Single Malts.

The best bang-for-buck stuff on my shelf is Buffalo Trace, Rittenhouse Rye, and Evan Williams Single Barrel, all <$35.
Jameson black barrel is just good. Flat out. Smooth, good flavor with a good finish. See above for the Hato. 40 creek is one of the better Canadian whiskey's IMO. This one is smooth with a more malty flavor but not overly sweet which is nice.
I’m a cheap date, enjoying a nice tall Jack with a splash of Coke (which is kind of rare for me) as I type this.

I had some Blanton’s Bourbon at dinner last week and it was good, but regular ol Jack is still my favorite.
I can respect that. The year I graduated highschool a friend and myself killed over 20 bottles of Jack in the coarse of that summer. I haven't been able to look at it the same since lol

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Jameson black barrel is just good. Flat out. Smooth, good flavor with a good finish. See above for the Hato. 40 creek is one of the better Canadian whiskey's IMO. This one is smooth with a more malty flavor but not overly sweet which is nice.

I can respect that. The year I graduated highschool a friend and myself killed over 20 bottles of Jack in the coarse of that summer. I haven't been able to look at it the same since lol

Same story with Southern Comfort. I can’t look at a So Co without instant flashbacks to regret lol. We called sitting back and drinking straight from the bottle while the party went on around us being “On the beach”.

Jack has always been good to me though.

Another more adult bottle, the cheaper brother of Blanton is Buffalo Trace (problem damn near the same, but I’ve never had them back to back).