GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I can't really think of any industry that this kind of economic downturn doesn't hit, which is pretty scary.

Hospitals are still in business.
Although scary, due to the shortage of supplies, there's job security in a way (for me)
Well...until I get sick from this shit :eek:

MN just got a “stay at home” order issued and effective 11:59pm Friday for 2wks.

They did that in Michigan too, earlier this week, and it hasn't stopped anyone from going out or trying to continue "normal" life :rolleyes:
People don't get it

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Spent today testing the effects of Argon at preventing Covid-19, so far so good.

Have you made the the WH aware? I can just see the WH briefing today touting Argon as a cure. lol

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
i'll be doing WFH for 2 weeks in about 3 weeks. my company is an essesntial business so each team in my department has a pair of people ona 2 week "benching" cycle while we ride this out. if anyone in a team is suspected or positive, the pair goes out of quarantine until cleared medically. and my state issued a stay at home order. avoiding facebook as best i can to keep the anxiety level as low as i can.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Hospitals are still in business.
Although scary, due to the shortage of supplies, there's job security in a way (for me)
Well...until I get sick from this shit :eek:

They did that in Michigan too, earlier this week, and it hasn't stopped anyone from going out or trying to continue "normal" life :rolleyes:
People don't get it

I work for a small 330 bed hospital and we're losing a million a day and looking at layoffs, so....

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I work for a small 330 bed hospital and we're losing a million a day and looking at layoffs, so....

Is your hospital getting any financial help from the two trillion dollar relief package? I don't see how they can lay people off with the new influx of patients.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Is your hospital getting any financial help from the two trillion dollar relief package? I don't see how they can lay people off with the new influx of patients.

They're going to layoff nonclinical staff.

Not enough stimulus to make up for a million plus a day at almost every hospital in the country.

This is going to be ugly.

FB_IMG_1585276960554.jpg

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
What if they took $2T and evenly divided it amongst the 18+ in this country? As of the last census data that would be $3,959.10 per person. So $8k for my household... shit do you know how many fancy purses and moon pies that’d buy?!? Sheeeute man.

So today we got a stimulus check from VW Credit for “overpayment”. $2600, and no explanations. Now going to stimulate the economy for a small company in Idaho, and the Tacoma gets a fancy new bumper.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm building an AI/analytics system, so it's not safe, but I'm a PA, so I'm fine. Other staff are not.

At least I'm happy for you. I'm still working because I deliver pharmacy to hospice patients and it is always depressing doing that. But now when I'm making deliveries and the traffic is low everywhere and so many businesses are closed it tears my heart out. I can't stand to see society torn apart like this. I also have COPD and am over 70 so it scares the hell out of me. I'm taking every precaution I can but when I'm in the pharmacy picking up the deliveries I'm around a lot of people and you just don't know who could be a carrier.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
At least I'm happy for you. I'm still working because I deliver pharmacy to hospice patients and it is always depressing doing that. But now when I'm making deliveries and the traffic is low everywhere and so many businesses are closed it tears my heart out. I can't stand to see society torn apart like this. I also have COPD and am over 70 so it scares the hell out of me. I'm taking every precaution I can but when I'm in the pharmacy picking up the deliveries I'm around a lot of people and you just don't know who could be a carrier.
Thank you for continuing to take care of others. Keep taking those precautions. My thoughts are with you.