GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The amount of BMW owners on here is TOO DAMN HIGH! #19

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
My highest priority once I bought my house was to go as energy efficient as possible.

We bought all new appliances, and all of them were energy efficient (that could be at least, ovens can't be).

Our utilities usually aren't terrible, winter is $220 a month for electric and gas, summer is $150. Water is $100 every other month. Garbage is $100 every 3 months.
We need new windows so we can save a little more heat, but our biggest issue is usually the electric side of the bill. With two young kids, it's hard to keep that shit down.

Yeah the problem is that when renting the old building never really have good windows so trying to keep utilities down in that regard is tough.

Lucky I don't have to worry about it now but my next place I may not get that lucky, unless I wind up in one place. Guess I should figure stuff out soon

balius

Go Kart Champion
I ask for my cheeseburgers with no pickles. I like pickles, but not warm squishy ones.

Same. I always ask for no pickles at McDonalds. Pretty sure they store them in a running microwave.

xan

Ready to race!
My highest priority once I bought my house was to go as energy efficient as possible.

We bought all new appliances, and all of them were energy efficient (that could be at least, ovens can't be).

Our utilities usually aren't terrible, winter is $220 a month for electric and gas, summer is $150. Water is $100 every other month. Garbage is $100 every 3 months.
We need new windows so we can save a little more heat, but our biggest issue is usually the electric side of the bill. With two young kids, it's hard to keep that shit down.
Just put in a new 15 SEER system. Finally starting to see the benefit now that its no longer 10 degrees every night.

All CFL bulbs, starting to transition to LEDs from IKEA (because cheap).

Windows are ancient, they need to be replaced but I've heard the heat savings is minimal compared to the cost.

Adding insulation to the attic was the best move. That made a tremendous difference. I bet in CA you definitely have to deal with some hot summers, it stays pretty mild here. Summers are nice.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
DAMMIT! Apparently I am up for a Charger of the month thing on the charger forum. If I win I get some pretty awesome gifts. But, alas, I am 6 votes down. Lame.

xan

Ready to race!
HELLLLLO OLD AND NEW FRIENDS FROM THE OT

just stopping in to tell anyone who cares that I made my first build thread (link in sig)

hope everyone has been well.
Not sure if bad internet here or bad hosting service, but all of your images are borked in that thread.

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
HELLLLLO OLD AND NEW FRIENDS FROM THE OT

just stopping in to tell anyone who cares that I made my first build thread (link in sig)

hope everyone has been well.

Hello there Vanessa!

How's everything going?

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Same. I always ask for no pickles at McDonalds. Pretty sure they store them in a running microwave.

Gross...but probably true.

Just put in a new 15 SEER system. Finally starting to see the benefit now that its no longer 10 degrees every night.

All CFL bulbs, starting to transition to LEDs from IKEA (because cheap).

Windows are ancient, they need to be replaced but I've heard the heat savings is minimal compared to the cost.

Adding insulation to the attic was the best move. That made a tremendous difference. I bet in CA you definitely have to deal with some hot summers, it stays pretty mild here. Summers are nice.

Adding insulation is my next move for sure. I'm in WA though, it's pretty mild here year round, for the most part.
I've been buying LED's from costco, getting a pretty good price that way, but Ikea isn't a bad idea.

I am going for a bike ride today.

Oh...oh yeah?

DAMMIT! Apparently I am up for a Charger of the month thing on the charger forum. If I win I get some pretty awesome gifts. But, alas, I am 6 votes down. Lame.

Nice! We can...we can maybe swing the vote a bit...or would that be morally wrong for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.