GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The 2021 Secret Santa Thread!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Well, got @2slowvw's blessing to move forward with this, so let's go!

The 2020 thread.

Taking this over from @-Dutch- (must be some kind of RI thing...), so just going to follow most of what he setup and how it was run. We're a little behind timeline wise, so will have to move this quickly.

The rules are simple:

1. PM me your home address by midnight, Thursday, December 9th. Your forum name will be the contact on the shipping address. If you PM me your real name I will assume you want it on the label as well.
2. On Friday, December 10th, I will randomize the list of participants and PM you a shipping address.
3. You will send a small flat rate USPS box with the contents of your choosing to that address. People have asked if they can use a larger box, that's entirely up to you.
4. PLEASE TRY TO HAVE YOUR GIFT IN THE MAIL NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, DECEMBER 17TH!! With USPS Priority mail, that will still give it a week to get there before Christmas.
5. Upon opening your package, you will take a photo of the contents and post on this thread.
6. Food is allowed. If you have a food allergy please include that in your PM to me so I can let your Santa know.
7. Must be over 21 to participate, alcohol has been known to be gifted.

In the past, Dutch limited this to US based members only, due to the cost of shipping. Which is fair, but I'm going to try something slightly different. I'm going to open it up to our friends up north (Canada), however, I'm not going to match people across country borders. So a Canadian member will ship to another Canadian member, US to US member. If we only get 1 Canadian member to sign up and nobody to match them to, well, I'll probably take on sending them something as a token of gratitude for being willing to sign up. Sorry European folks, things are spread out too far there to try and co-ordinate something there :cry:

Have fun with it! If you sign up and decide later you might be too busy just let me know before I start sending PM's.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
"You've got mail"

everyone PLEASE post shirt size and 7 or 7.5 in your PM to Acadia18.......I don't want to buy an XL for a 105 lb girl.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got some good early involvement, let's keep those names coming! Will keep this thread up by the top for the next week.

kyLman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf
Is there a suggested amount of $$ for each gift? I know there is alot of flexibility, but just curious if most people are staying around 25-50$?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Is there a suggested amount of $$ for each gift? I know there is alot of flexibility, but just curious if most people are staying around 25-50$?

If you start at the back of last year's thread, you can see what kind of gifts people get to get an idea of that.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/flat-rate-secret-santa-2020.379844/

I think it's usually around that $20 to $30 range, some people spending more, but I don't think anyone spent less than that from what I could see. Like nobody got just an air freshener and pack of gum.

It's all about the fun, not how much is spent 😀

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I think I spent about 30…and what I got was roughly the same

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Awesome! I’m in! Just wanted to be sure I could hang.
Totally….I mean I dig the crew, but I ain’t ordering anything from crutchfield for anyone lol