GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

That Powerflex insert...

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
If he does have the hybrid then he should be banned for

1.created a new thread about a product that already has a large and active thread about it.

Or

2. Incorrectly referring to the hybrid puck as a “insert”, that’s the comparable offense to calling a is38 a big turbo upgrade
It's the insert, stock dogbone remained and I slid in this yellow satanic piece. It looks like the hybrid might be the answer....

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I have had the yellow hybrid puck in for about 700 miles, and it's not too bad for me at this point. I had the BFI stage 1 before, and at this point, the vibration in reverse and idle are maybe a bit higher but that's about it. I do have the BFI stage 1 motor mount and stage 1 transmission insert installed as well. I am going to swap out the OEM transmission mount and BFI insert for the full BFI transmission mount at some point in time...that point being when BFI finally ships the thing out. Overall, I like it...and most importantly, no complaints from any passengers.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
☝️And at the point…. You will say “what the f*** have I done” but no one will hear you over the noise of your gearbox transmitting all sounds through the car 😂😂

Hence my full mount with less that 5k that sits in the garage off the car, lol. Switched it out for a 60a oem style mount from velt sport… I’ll take having to replace these at a quicker interval and lose some “performance” to not have my modern daily driver sound and feel like it did.

394ED6E9-358B-4E42-B43E-D570938F9176.jpeg

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
☝️And at the point…. You will say “what the f*** have I done” but no one will hear you over the noise of your gearbox transmitting all sounds through the car 😂😂

Hence my full mount with less that 5k that sits in the garage off the car, lol. Switched it out for a 60a oem style mount from velt sport… I’ll take having to replace these at a quicker interval and lose some “performance” to not have my modern daily driver sound and feel like it did.

View attachment 231294
You're saying oem mount with insert is less harsh that way? That's what I have sitting and waiting to be installed.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I ran the yellow insert on my 2015 GTI DSG and it had a decent amount of vibration at idle. In reverse (especially up a hill) it sounded like the entire car was gonna fall shake itself apart. All this was made much worse when I tuned it. Again, no one could tell me WHY tuning it caused it to vibrate much more at idle and in reverse, but it did. That being said, I have heard a lot of people say when the hybrid mount is combined with the BFI Stage 1 mounts it actually feels a lot better. Something about not having any weak links in the system (stock soft mounts). I never went that route and just sold the car for a 2019 that im keeping stock.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
You're saying oem mount with insert is less harsh that way? That's what I have sitting and waiting to be installed.
Extremely, the insert mount version only has a hardened bottom mount almost like juts a perch, the top and sides still have soft oem rubber and massive voids. It’s allows plenty of movement and vibration dissipation, that full mount in my hand… only has the rock
hard Poly to dissipate those vibrations and sounds.

As painful as it’s been I’ve wasted a good bit of money putting on and taking off parts on this car - lol… I also tried the ecs/China style full mounts that have 90a poly in them, and they lasted on the car for about 1-2miles! Then I went back to the oems and sold those for beans… then when I had the first clutch in the car I was launching the car at 4k with that ceramic puck type disc and beat the crap out of the OEMs so I figured I had no choice but to go with stiffer mounts than the oem styles and did both the BFI full mounts. Because BFI only had the motor side in stock at the time I put that on and ran with it for like a week till the trans side came in, motor side added moderate noise but nothing bothersome. when I put the trans side in its when all the noise got intensified, (awesome crisp shifts though) at that time I was only running the metal upper and lower dog bone insert too. Then I added the spulen extreme Insert and it gave me such a great solid shifting feel and acceleration “delt” with the noise and vibs, as time went on became annoyed with them though and always needing to have the volume up extra high on the stereo to enjoy the drive so

step 1 : went to hybrid puck, minimal drop in performance feel massive gain in comfort.

Step 2: trans mount back to stock style with little stiffer rubber, massive improvement in comfort - but also considerable negative effect on performance in regards to engine rock at throttle input but still zero wheel hop.

Step 3 : oem style motor side mount with stiffer rubber - stay tuned for results 😂😂.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I'm surprised nobody has tried the 034 Sport Density mounts. They are supposedly a bit stiffer than stock but not quite Stage 1. Maybe because they're 034?

I have the BFI Stage 1 V2 dogbone insert. The vibes in reverse are worst when the car is cold. Driving sanely, I don't notice anything. Under full gas, I get some mild vibration as it is putting the power down, and a bit of wheel hop at launch. It's tolerable. I have the BFI mount set on the way that will hopefully fix this without additional vibes. I have a DSG car which might make a difference.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

View attachment 231294
The Velt Sport at 60a look like a good value vs. the 034/CTS set...they have a similar durometer but the 034/CTS ones have less voids. I can't imagine those BFIs ever being "like stock" just looking at them.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Vibrations > Wheel hop

I’ve never experienced wheel hope with any of the setups I ran other than stock, even when the car just had the upper and lower metal dogbone insert wheel hop
Was eliminated
At some point you accept that you have a somewhat lightweight fwd car that you'e put tons of power in and that launching just isn't your bag baby. Most of the fwd guys are doing 40-60 rolls anyway...does it wheel hop starting at those speeds?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
At some point you accept that you have a somewhat lightweight fwd car that you'e put tons of power in and that launching just isn't your bag baby. Most of the fwd guys are doing 40-60 rolls anyway...does it wheel hop starting at those speeds?
lol oh ya it'll hop in 3rd, probably even 4th in the right conditions. there was a point where i basically couldn't get on the gas much at all until i installed the dogbone insert

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I'm surprised nobody has tried the 034 Sport Density mounts. They are supposedly a bit stiffer than stock but not quite Stage 1. Maybe because they're 034?
034 has a reputation for really, really bad durability, especially on the density line stuff.

Going to the full mounts from just the BFI insert added a distinct rumble to the car, especially at idle in D. With the raised idle in S it's not as noticeable. All gets exaggerated in cold weather.