GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tesla Pickup Truck?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Tesla Inc will build a pickup truck soon after producing electric crossover vehicle Model Y, Chief Executive Elon Musk said on Tuesday.

"I promise that we will make a pickup truck right after Model Y. Have had the core design/engineering elements in my mind for almost 5 years. Am dying to build it," Musk wrote in a Twitter post.

The Model Y, to be built on the same platform as the Model 3 sedan, was tentatively scheduled to begin production in mid-2019, Reuters reported in June.

The electric vehicle maker first announced plans for a pickup truck last July, alongside a "master plan" to develop a commercial truck, a public transport bus and a compact sport utility vehicle.

Musk had said in April that the pickup truck would be unveiled within 18 to 24 months.

bcgti

Ready to race!
Trucks are the number 1,2,3 best selling vehicles in North America so I’m surprised Tesla wouldn’t have started there vs the sedan which isn’t a great seller (body style wise). I’m interested in the truck for sure.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I want a Tesla hot hatch.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Trucks are the number 1,2,3 best selling vehicles in North America so I’m surprised Tesla wouldn’t have started there vs the sedan which isn’t a great seller (body style wise). I’m interested in the truck for sure.
It makes perfect sense, between the aerodynamics and extra weight, the range will be greatly affected. It wasn't till better batteries and motors came along that he's considering trucks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk