GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tesla Model 3

DarianBx3

Ready to race!
Anybody watch the release?

Looks better than I expected it to be- by a large margin.

Everything else seems just like a trickle down of everything in the Model S/X so far- which should be no surprise to anyone. Less of trickle- down, more of a culmination.

Some of their press photos look meh. But some.... If your imagination lets you.... Shows you how sporty this car can/will get. It will be fast as shit.

Last edited:

DarianBx3

Ready to race!

Last edited:

DarianBx3

Ready to race!
Deliveries begin next year apparently.

I say apparently because

1) The model X and S were both delayed. This is different of course, but still. That being said, I believe they will meet the deadline this time.
2) First 6 mo of deliveries have always been fully loaded, double the base price. Here probably 55 - 70 K is my guess. This gets lined out closer to release.
3) They have already taken more than 130,000 reservations, each with a $1,000 deposit.

Is that third one not just crazy though?

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I love the look. Kind of like a bed sheet draped over a modern car. I do worry about stone chips on the front though.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Where's the hatch version?!

Only thing I don't like is that big ugly wall on the front bumper.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
That flat spot is similar to the mk6, I'm sure it's for crash safety. I like the car, if it can be had for $35k my wife might get one.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
^ I just talked to her about a leasing option.

IMO you don't want to buy these cars outright. The batteries used in these are the same as laptop batteries. Although they will surely be treated better in the Tesla than they are in laptops, consider that in 10 years they'll likely need a new pack or just won't hold a charge very well. The drawbacks don't warrant a full-out purchase.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
Put my preorder in. I was #4 at the northern Chicago store. Pretty happy with most of the 3 other than the the lack of center cluster and the protruding screen. Those can be changed - it's just a prototype at this point.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
Put my preorder in. I was #4 at the northern Chicago store. Pretty happy with most of the 3 other than the the lack of center cluster and the protruding screen. Those can be changed - it's just a prototype at this point.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm assuming this won't be the production car. But yeah I'm with ya. I think I may put an order in also later down the road that's awesome dude congrats

DarianBx3

Ready to race!
^ I just talked to her about a leasing option.

IMO you don't want to buy these cars outright. The batteries used in these are the same as laptop batteries. Although they will surely be treated better in the Tesla than they are in laptops, consider that in 10 years they'll likely need a new pack or just won't hold a charge very well. The drawbacks don't warrant a full-out purchase.

You can bolt a new battery pack on these cars in like, 90 seconds flat. It's a non- issue.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
You can bolt a new battery pack on these cars in like, 90 seconds flat. It's a non- issue.

Actually it is an issue. Tesla have abandoned plans to install a network of battery-swap stations due to data recieved from their pilot program. People don't use it. With it went their battery leasing program where you pay per mile or charge on the battery and Tesla will periodically swap your battery out.

Right now, there's no way to get your battery refreshed to new again unless you go beg at your local dealer. Even then I bet it costs $$$.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Batteries are not rocket science. People will find a way to replace them, or add more.