GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Terribly slow dealer service! Help!!

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
Guys. I'm trying to place an order for a customized GTi next month and I've asked the dealers in Dubai for a quote and it's been nearly a month now with no answer. Anyone with an idea on how long it takes to get a quote before I hit the roof with them?

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
keep calling, and don't deal with salesmen.. try to deal with the management directly :)

beginning of 2013 i was given a very unrealistic price for the mk7 GTI so i emailed VW Germany about it and got a call from a manager at the dealers within 2 days. been dealing with him ever since

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
Really appreciate the help! I might just do that at the end of the week..

How unrealistic of a price did they give you? And I'm curious to know what VW Germany had to do with it? Because if they have a say with the VW Dubai sales, I'm more than happy to email them too! Thanks for the tip btw..

Did you buy yours from Dubai?

Go Kart Champion
They approximated a price equivalent to about 180,000 dirhams...

I submitted a form in volkswagen main website.. From the contact us section

No i bought mine from Oman :)

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
Lol. I'm assuming that's gonna be Golf R money! Haha! Thanks though.. Hopefully be able to contribute to the forum more when I actually get the car. :)

Tyrant2

Passed Driver's Ed
How are you contacting the dealer?

by phone or did you go visit them, trivial but i ask coz it makes a difference.

go in there and have a sit down with the showroom manager and tell him that you are ready to place the order. the GTI has become quite popular and i know my dealer is out of them and with alot of inquiries coming in they tend to shrug off the general request however walk in there and tell them that you are ready to order and you will get their attention!

Just FYI the GTI cost about 13,200BD (130,000dhs) in Bahrain, we had a loaded one with nav and leather and that was about 15,600BD (154000dhs).

the R is rumored to start at around 16,800BD and reach a max of 19,500BD and will be available mid 2014

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
Tyrant & kindi- Thanks! So I just have contact with a salesperson who called to say that the systems are down in Germany. Some how I fail to believe that, considering it's been nearly 2 months! I hope to hear from them next week, but if that fails, I think I'm gonna have a word with the showroom manager.

Btw I've asked for DCC with driver profile, fabric seats and dynaudio. Not keen on satnav or leather seats. They're not entirely sure if they can get DCC but it's worth a shot. Any comments..

Wolksvagen - Come to think of it, going through the age vs car thread, it's beginning to make sense why the car targets a relatively older audience in non Middle Eastern countries..

Go Kart Champion
Nice options :) i wasn't very keen on leather seats as well.. But now i love how they look and feel. And i thank god that i have leather seats whenever my daughter decides to vomit or spill something on the seats :D as they're easier to clean

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
go in there and have a sit down with the showroom manager and tell him that you are ready to place the order.

That method is very effective the world over! :)

Blue GTI1

Hi Guys,

These guys really suck, i negotiated hard for GTI price to be low, but they didnt budge. now they offered my colleague the top end @ just AED 122k.

I am wondering, whats wrong with them. i dont like this brand anymore.

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
Hi Guys,

These guys really suck, i negotiated hard for GTI price to be low, but they didnt budge. now they offered my colleague the top end @ just AED 122k.

Curious to know how you negotiated with them? Would like to try the same too.

Have you tried speaking to the manager to get a better rate btw?

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Hi Guys,

You sure mate? Top end with Leather and Camera and all? Damn lucky if its true!

If you think about it, they have quite a bit of stock now and getting your hands on one is pretty easy.

I remember buying my mk6 with a pretty a big discount cuz they had a lot in stock.

Whereas I got my mk7 in october by luck, my original order only reached Dubai end of December. Its just a way for them to make money, if we don't take it at full price someone else will.
Now they probably have quite a few in stock and they can afford to lower their price.