GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TDI rims on GTI?

meggyv

Hey all- my beloved 2015 TDI was totaled this winter in an accident, but since it happened in the winter I had steelies on with my snows. I have the stock rims in my garage and was going to throw some new snows on them to use with my 2017 GTI. I'm guessing they'll fit just fine, as the GTI is the Golf's "big bro", but figured I'd come here to ask the experts. Am I correct? Also- any suggestions for snow tires would be appreciated. I had Blizzaks on the TDI and was happy, but it looks like they're backordered right now, so I'm open to hearing about other makes/models. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
Generally 17" wheels will fit the R-size brakes on your SE. Unless you can get confirmation from someone who has used those exact wheels on a big-brake GTI, it wouldn't hurt to make a quick test fit. If you can figure out the VW style name for your wheels, you may find the answer in a search. Or post a pic of the wheels here and maybe you'll find someone who has done it.

I have an '18 SE with snows on 17" "Sport Edition" (Tire Rack) wheels and my regular tires on 17" Neuspeeds.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Hey all- my beloved 2015 TDI was totaled this winter in an accident, but since it happened in the winter I had steelies on with my snows. I have the stock rims in my garage and was going to throw some new snows on them to use with my 2017 GTI. I'm guessing they'll fit just fine, as the GTI is the Golf's "big bro", but figured I'd come here to ask the experts. Am I correct? Also- any suggestions for snow tires would be appreciated. I had Blizzaks on the TDI and was happy, but it looks like they're backordered right now, so I'm open to hearing about other makes/models. Thanks in advance!

Check out this thread. If your OEM wheels do end up fitting, and they are not already listed, add to the list.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/oem-17-wheels-that-clear-pp-r-calipers.356946/

As for ties, first I lean on the Blizzacks, and if not available I go for Michelin X-ice. Have a set of each on my and my wife’s cars. Both do well in the moderate snow and nasty ice of MN winters.