GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TDI Blow-Off (?)

Stavrosqq

OverEdge Photography
Car(s)
MK7 TDI
Hello , is it possible to install a blow-off valve to a 1.6 MK7 TDI? Any usefull links / tips. Has anyone done it?
Also if you could send me a video to hear it that would be awesome. Right now my car has air intake (K&N filter)

Here is a random blow off that i saw on the internet

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
it doesn't have a throttle plate, there's not much of a reason to put a BOV on a diesel.

Jay-Bee

I know that i will see no difference in the engine, it's just for show off (sound) .. Other than that, can i install it ?

No, well you could but it would literaly do nothing, as stated there is no throttle plate snapping shut so no need to vent excess pressure.

Straight pipe exhaust on a TDI will make all kiinds of turbo noises, my MK4 has a tune and straight pipe egr/cat/muffler delete sounds great.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Is it possible? Yes. Worth doing? No. I could install a blowoff valve on my weed-whacker if I wanted to but it won't do anything

Stavrosqq

OverEdge Photography
Car(s)
MK7 TDI
No, well you could but it would literaly do nothing, as stated there is no throttle plate snapping shut so no need to vent excess pressure.

Straight pipe exhaust on a TDI will make all kiinds of turbo noises, my MK4 has a tune and straight pipe egr/cat/muffler delete sounds great.
I d love to see a video of that.. Mine is really quiet atm even though i have an air intake.. You ll just hear some pressure at low rpm. I cant straight pipe it from the Downpipe cause of the dpf.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
I d love to see a video of that.. Mine is really quiet atm even though i have an air intake.. You ll just hear some pressure at low rpm. I cant straight pipe it from the Downpipe cause of the dpf.
I mean, you could, lmao. Turbosmart has a bov controller, it uses throttle voltage to pop the valve open, that may work.