GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tapping

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
annoyance isn't a good enough reason? For $96 maybe it isn't. But maybe it is?

I think it definitely is. It's not just getting rid of the noise. It's also the protection it provides. It's mechanical parts creating the sound and it's the friction coating the treatment provides that is quieting the sound.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
annoyance isn't a good enough reason? For $96 maybe it isn't. But maybe it is?

Mechanics don't come in bottles, the only exception may be clearing some sludge from previous poor maintenance. You either have a mechanical issue, in which case you pull the timing covers, visually inspect and measure everything and fix it, or you don't have a mechanical issue and this is a waste of time.

These engines (when healthy) make a lot of HPFP, injector, and timing assembly noise, and are not prone to timing assembly problems, so there's an overwhelming chance that whatever you're hearing is not an actual issue.

Either way, $96 for some snake oil is comedy.

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Mechanics don't come in bottles, the only exception may be clearing some sludge from previous poor maintenance. You either have a mechanical issue, in which case you pull the timing covers, visually inspect and measure everything and fix it, or you don't have a mechanical issue and this is a waste of time.

These engines (when healthy) make a lot of HPFP, injector, and timing assembly noise, and are not prone to timing assembly problems, so there's an overwhelming chance that whatever you're hearing is not an actual issue.

100% agree. To suggest that oil companies like Shell, Amsoil, Mobil 1 ect have somehow missed some magical potion in the course of spending billions of $$ on research over the past 100 years is beyond a stretch. The simplest answer is usually the best one.....$96 vials of magic oil elixir are most likely doing nothing. But whatever. I have to admit that I have used Liquimoly Ceratec. But it was only $20.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Okay @Hoon I'll buy a bottle for you and see if it quiets your engine. If it does you pay me back. It sure the hell isn't snake oil.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hoons engine is quieter that all of ours right now already. Dead silent possibly.

Yeah I remembered that after I posted but he can't say something doesn't work when he hasn't used it. That's just stupid. Not to mention he's calling me a liar because I know it works.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
@jimlloyd40, our discussion this morning in the stupid questions thread reminded me that I've been meaning to ask you about this cerma product again...

my car is approaching 100,000 miles and the ticking/tapping sound has apparently gotten louder of late. I'm willing to take a stab at this and see if it helps any, what's the best way to use it? wait for an oil change or throw it in now?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
@jimlloyd40, our discussion this morning in the stupid questions thread reminded me that I've been meaning to ask you about this cerma product again...

my car is approaching 100,000 miles and the ticking/tapping sound has apparently gotten louder of late. I'm willing to take a stab at this and see if it helps any, what's the best way to use it? wait for an oil change or throw it in now?
Tell me if you can read this link?

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?conversations/cerma-treatment.1252150/#convMessage-1338018

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I was told that you won't be able to read that link.

Definitely change the oil first. If you buy it when you get it I'll explain my way of adding it. But do not add to old used oil.
yea the link didn't work for me either.

just ordered, I've got a good 1000 miles still before I need an oil change so it might be a month or two but I'll pipe up when the time comes around.

thanks.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
yea the link didn't work for me either.

just ordered, I've got a good 1000 miles still before I need an oil change so it might be a month or two but I'll pipe up when the time comes around.

thanks.
The link was to a PM that would have helped me not to have to retype the instructions. No biggie though just let me know when you're ready. It comes with instructions but I like my way better of course. 😂😂

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The link was to a PM that would have helped me not to have to retype the instructions. No biggie though just let me know when you're ready. It comes with instructions but I like my way better of course. 😂😂

1644177832638.jpg

😂😂