GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tapping

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You're not supposed to do the engine treatment the same time as the turbo.

Reading instructions does help sometimes ?

After adding Cerma Engine Treatment and driving for 1500 miles (3000 miles for trucks), add 1/2 dose to WARM engine oil and drive for 5 to 10 minutes prior to shutting off engine. Drive another 500 miles prior to changing out motor oil. If changing to NON Cerma Motor Oil, add remaining 1/2 dose to new motor oil. If changing to Cerma Motor Oil, do not add remainder.

Sounds like the best course is to use the engine treatment. Drive for at least 1,500 miles (not necessarily at once). 500 miles before planning your next oil change, add in half the turbo treatment. Drive those 500 miles, change your oil, add in the other half. Enjoy faster and smoother spooling!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Reading instructions does help sometimes ?

Sounds like the best course is to use the engine treatment. Drive for at least 1,500 miles (not necessarily at once). 500 miles before planning your next oil change, add in half the turbo treatment. Drive those 500 miles, change your oil, add in the other half. Enjoy faster and smoother spooling!

Can't say that I recognized any faster spooling but the engine treatment definitely quieted the engine. It better do the same for Twist or I'm out $87.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I put it in warm temps. Held rpm at 2500 for 5 minutes. Then went to mexico and did about 6 HARD pulls to 140 or so.

I'll post my video and thoughts tomorrow (today) it is quite late.

JIM - When it says 1500 miles does that mean I have to change my oil in 1500 miles or can I leave in till regular oil change at 5000? I just did one.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I put it in warm temps. Held rpm at 2500 for 5 minutes. Then went to mexico and did about 6 HARD pulls to 140 or so.

JIM - When it says 1500 miles does that mean I have to change my oil in 1500 miles or can I leave in till regular oil change at 5000? I just did one.

Leave it in until your next oil change. By 1500 miles it will have coated the parts so don't waste your new oil. When you say your oil was warm I hope that you mean up to temperature. Like above 200 degrees. If it worked you should be able to start your car and hear that it's much quieter even on a cold startup. It worked for me on my GTI and my Veloster which also had the tapping sound. It also worked for three other guys that had Velosters that I know in Phoenix.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

I guess it would be quite late since you live in Indiana and went to Mexico for 6 hard pulls. ?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
With a population of 836 people, it looks like the middle of nowhere. Perfect for some pulls to 140.

Capture.PNG

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Lmao. Urite. Such a peaceful place.

Ok getting one more cold start video then putting all the clips next to each other. I should note mine was not doing anything super loud to begin with and purrs just like any other mk7.

However I definitely hear less knockity knock tinga ling (that choppiness to our motor 2200-3000 rpm) when driving. The engine is superrr quiet on the freeway and it's hard to put into words but that mechanical rhythm that lies at the bottom of the orchestra of acceleration has vanished.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Lmao. Urite. Such a peaceful place.

Ok getting one more cold start video then putting all the clips next to each other. I should note mine was not doing anything super loud to begin with and purrs just like any other mk7.

However I definitely hear less knockity knock tinga ling (that choppiness to our motor 2200-3000 rpm) when driving. The engine is superrr quiet on the freeway and it's hard to put into words but that mechanical rhythm that lies at the bottom of the orchestra of acceleration has vanished.

In a few different posts you said that your engine sounded bad. The tapping sound you mentioned. So is it gone?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
In a few different posts you said that your engine sounded bad. The tapping sound you mentioned. So is it gone?

Was it my previous car? That one the injectors were really loud. This one sounds rough in the head. The lifters sound like they're about to fly through the valve cover which you will hear in the videos. My point was that this noise is normal. That tapping is the injectors as Diggs mentioned.

But so far yes I hear a difference for sure. We couldn't put in while running it started making some crazy noises when I tried to pull cap off and wanted to suck me into the cover.

One thing that def got me hooked was the fuel treatment. They sent 2 tiny bottles of fuel treatment with it and I used that the day before and really could feel the stm-3 working.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Was it my previous car? This one sounds rough in the head. The lifters sound like they're about to fly through the valve cover which you will hear in the videos.

So did it quiet that noise?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So did it quiet that noise?

dsmGaKWMeHXe9QuJtq_ys30PNfTGnMsRuHuo_MUzGCg.jpg

Just kidding. Sounds like he did have positive results with it. Will probably grab my own bottle of it soon.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I'll let you guys be the judge thats why I'm making the videos :)

I'm about to do its first cold start up.

Also while driving last night the amount of noise coming from the engine bay is now the same as when I use the hood liner. And I'm sure using the hood liner is even quieter now.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Yeah you may need some super high tech mic to pick up the differences but here it is

I definitely think for someone with a really really loud head it would quiet it down some. I could definitely hear a difference while driving. No more choppy rhythm when hood liner is off. Even in my 500hp mk7 the engine sounds like stock unless I start getting into boost