GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tangent: My Dad's New Car :)

KAH1

Passed Driver's Ed
One of the best looking cars built in the last 40 years. It will surely be coveted by future collectors, not 507 or 300 SL coveted but up there. In our life times I'd guess above 356 collectable but below Ford GT.
I would bet less than 3000 were sold in the US so you would be almost guaranteed exclusivity wherever you take it. If you have the space and the means to give one of these a good home and hopefully pass it on to one of your future children that would be cool.
If you and your dad just want to hoon around in it, that would be cool to.

good luck

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
It's all fun and games until it gets gunked up by carbon at 50-60k miles and requires a 6k cleaning job.

boosted27

Go Kart Champion

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
You can get pretty good deals on these right now. This car is at a point where it's value will only go up. I LOVE these cars. Definitely a good buy. :) My dad's actually been looking to get one of these, or an 850 CSI again. We used to have a 95' 850 CI-A which was a super rare model that had a triptonic auto tranny and wood dash inserts.... they made less than 300, and we did not know what it was until a few years after we sold it... :mad0259: lol such is life..

jordanegan44

Passed Driver's Ed
You can get pretty good deals on these right now. This car is at a point where it's value will only go up. I LOVE these cars. Definitely a good buy. :) My dad's actually been looking to get one of these, or an 850 CSI again. We used to have a 95' 850 CI-A which was a super rare model that had a triptonic auto tranny and wood dash inserts.... they made less than 300, and we did not know what it was until a few years after we sold it... :mad0259: lol such is life..

Yeah it really wasn't such bad value considering that it only has 9000 miles - and according to KBB it has actually appreciated $5000 since we got it around 5/6 months ago!

I love the shape of the 850! They are so nice, have you seen the secretive M Division's reincarnation of it as an M car?

If you look at the Z8, make sure you check the frame isn't bent at all though because the aluminium used is susceptible to bending and that can cost $70k to fix...

My dad actually had the car sent up to a garage and paid for it to be checked over by BMW before buying it...

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
I love the shape of the 850! They are so nice, have you seen the secretive M Division's reincarnation of it as an M car?

If you look at the Z8, make sure you check the frame isn't bent at all though because the aluminium used is susceptible to bending and that can cost $70k to fix...

My dad actually had the car sent up to a garage and paid for it to be checked over by BMW before buying it...

Is it that Bright orange mid engine concept? If so, yeah it's pretty neat. But BMW in the 90's was on a roll IMO. Everything was beautiful and unique in a perfectly simple and boxy way. It just worked. Im not a big fan of their newer stuff, with the exception of the 1 series.

Thanks for the tip!