uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Called a second shop, same labor price. $1600. Guy said if one were pre-assembled in a “pumpkin” it would be a fraction of the labor. Never heard such a thing myself but if that works then Halloween’s coming early this year!

To OP: Buy the PP.

Gallo-24

Just curious what your budget is OP?
I have been looking around for a few weeks now. When I started, it looked like I could hop in one for about $14k. Then I found out about the PP and noticed they are significantly more expensive. I'm trying to stay around $16-17k but may have to go up to 18 but any higher and it almost defeats the purpose of selling my dream truck for this car which I am doing to save gas and lower bills. Most of the PP cars I'm seeing right now are listed at $19-21k for anything with less than 50k miles. I've seen a couple cheaper ones but they disappear pretty quickly. (Searching near DFW, TX but willing to drive a couple hundred miles for the right car.)

I'm back to offer you some more unwanted persuasion.

It's a somewhat polarizing topic, but the LSD in the Performance Pack is awesome. I thought I wouldn't notice it, and I didn't for a while. But then, there was one curve where it really kicked in, and my god it is so good. Obviously, others on here are putting down significantly more power with significantly better builds, so better LSDs are, well, better. For me and my needs, though, the LSD makes it an absolute blast.

The lighting package is a definite must. Everyone is telling you about the brightness and swiveling lights and all that jazz, which is awesome. Along with that, I don't think anyone mentioned the extra cornering lights. Once you drive with those, you can't go back ;).
Yeah I am definitely weeding out non-LP cars from my search because of the suggestions in this thread. May even look for one without a sunroof. This car will be my first real "performance" car and I feel like I might as well try to get performance version if at all possible.

Rigle

Go Kart Newbie
Keep looking. I got my 2017 with pp for $18,500 and it only had 18k so cheaper ones are out there.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
My non PP was 20K sticker with 8K miles in 2018. May not have been an amazing deal but it left me with cash for upgrades. Seems way better deals are now available. Try Carvana and HGreg.

Last edited:

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I got my 2015 in 2017 for 21k otd with only 4100 miles on the clock. Virtually a new car. Looking back though I wish I did just a little more shopping and got a 16 with a few more miles for around the same price. The 16s and up have the nice radios and what not.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I have been looking around for a few weeks now. When I started, it looked like I could hop in one for about $14k. Then I found out about the PP and noticed they are significantly more expensive. I'm trying to stay around $16-17k but may have to go up to 18 but any higher and it almost defeats the purpose of selling my dream truck for this car which I am doing to save gas and lower bills. Most of the PP cars I'm seeing right now are listed at $19-21k for anything with less than 50k miles. I've seen a couple cheaper ones but they disappear pretty quickly. (Searching near DFW, TX but willing to drive a couple hundred miles for the right car.)

Yeah I am definitely weeding out non-LP cars from my search because of the suggestions in this thread. May even look for one without a sunroof. This car will be my first real "performance" car and I feel like I might as well try to get performance version if at all possible.
Having the sunroof shade open makes the interior much brighter. In Texas though, yeah, maybe not a great idea.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
Those giant stick on paddle shifters give away that it was probably enthusiast owned, get with the car clubs in the area to find out if it's ever been tuned or not.

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Saw a Sport, listed as an SE in Houston for $18.4. At least from it having Nogaros, LP, PP and no Fender or sunroof, it looks like a Sport to me. Has 44k miles.

https://www.jeffhaasmazda.com/inven...t-4-door-se-dsg-fwd-4dr-car-3vw447au1hm009862

Might be some room to bargain them down on that one as they are misrepresenting the car as the next higher model.

As someone else said, those paddles do indicate enthusiast owned and it's quite likely it may have or have had a tune on it. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing but one to be aware of for warranty expectations (albeit there is very little left at 44k miles)...and again, could provide more bargaining wiggle room.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Sport model for the win!

and some of the best looking rims VW made.

Yes. I searched for 2 months for a sport, due in large part because of the wheels. Not because the Nogaros are amazing, but because I hate the standard wheels so much.

Eventually I found one, also in the exact color I wanted in a neighboring state and had it shipped here. It was 20k and change otd (30k miles) which was probably slightly high at the time, summer 2018, but was worth it to get the exact one I wanted and in quite very nice shape.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Having the sunroof shade open makes the interior much brighter. In Texas though, yeah, maybe not a great idea.

Apply carbon/ceramic film to sunroof when tinting car. Helps.
Also 70% tint windshield with same film. Really helps.
Technology.