GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Taillight coding issue?

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Here is the stock coding for the rear tails (NAR incandescent) (with translations). It's created from my own module 9 backup:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1obdJWSoyI380jGCl73eKbk5vXn542A02Bvbf6sPvD4U/edit?usp=sharing

I created my own 5-brake / outer&inner turns from stock (NAR incandescent). I simply took the outer combination light leuchte channel settings and copied those to the inner lamps, which use the same bulb, but by stock coding only function as parking lights. So the inner lamps now mimic the outer lamps perfectly for park/turn/brake. Here's my datasheet for this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FgWoyWe3237_XEvWkX69vxpUPybKoVd7E2WZXd07i70/edit?usp=sharing
Hi there Southpawboston, trying to do the same coding on my 17 GTI Sport with incandescent tails. In trying to following your two spreadsheets you said to copy the coding from the outer tails to the inner, but your revised spreadsheet shows coding only changed for certain functions on the inners and you did copy directly all the codes from the outers. Is this correct? I just want to confirm before I jump in screw this up royally. Thanks

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
That second spreadsheet is a little confusing, sorry about that.

I did not copy every line function over from the outers to the inners. Basically the lines that are in blue text are the lines of the inner tails (23 = left, 24 = right) that get changed in order to match the outers, the changes correspond exactly to what's programmed as stock for the outers.

Hope that helps!

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
southpawboston, thanks for the additional info. That is what I thought. I am new to all this an still learning. What bothered me was the general statement to Copy Outers to the Inners when there are certain lines, such as, Lasttp 20 & 23 (left out to inner) that are different. Thanks again.

mk7_2015

Car(s)
GTI 2015
hi there. I followed the coding instruction today. it produced an almost working tail lights for me. the turn and break signals were working properly. the only thing that was not working was when i turned on the light at night, the amber lights were also on and the inner amber light kept flashing like in the video. is it possible to turn off the amber lights when the driving lights are on?

Attachments

• 219646630_843282009705856_9209952419463423797_n.jpg
    219646630_843282009705856_9209952419463423797_n.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 152

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
You coded it wrong. Use this chart to go back to stock.
Is this the correct setting for a NAR 2018 LED tail light?
Edit: I used these values and the rear turn signals work but they stay illuminated all the time.

Last edited:

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
The turn signal portion is on all them time. Still blinks for signal and brakes but is always illuminated. I don’t recall it being that way previously.
D5F3A828-0ABE-4089-931B-032378DB4F18.jpeg

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I wanted to link This Topic on VWROC.com regarding tail light coding. A super helpful Australian, dv52, was able to assist once I showed him my current settings.

Backstory, I went from dynamic LED euro tails back to NAR incandescent and needed the correct coding to go back to NAR values. I used the shopDAP app on OBD11 which is not recommended because you have no saved history of the changes made. Luckily there are people who actually know what they are doing if you know who to ask.

from this...
NAR Wrong.PNG
To this...

NAR GTI Tail.PNG