GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Taillight coding issue?

m0sh

Hi there,

Seems that I have an issue with my taillights/turn signals. I recently uninstalled my LED tails, and went back to the OEM incandescents (NAR). Harnesses were removed, and coding was set back to the factory defaults according to the backup I saved on my OBDeleven.

Now the issue is: when I signal left, both my rear signals turn on (WHY?). If I signal right, neither of my rear signals work. If I hold the brake, everything works normally. This issue only affects the rear signals.

No errors or anything on my dash! Thinking it must be a coding issue.

Any insight on this? Maybe even someone sending me a backup of all the settings they have for their OEM tails?

Thanks in advance. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Might as well do the five tail light mod and use that coding, which is also wrong in the YouTube video we used, but eventually figured it out lol

Xdpker

Ready to race!
You coded it wrong. Use this chart to go back to stock.

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
^^^ Make sure to use the one labeled "Default" The other columns are to enable either the all on brake lights or the kensha tail light mod.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Here is the stock coding for the rear tails (NAR incandescent) (with translations). It's created from my own module 9 backup:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1obdJWSoyI380jGCl73eKbk5vXn542A02Bvbf6sPvD4U/edit?usp=sharing

I created my own 5-brake / outer&inner turns from stock (NAR incandescent). I simply took the outer combination light leuchte channel settings and copied those to the inner lamps, which use the same bulb, but by stock coding only function as parking lights. So the inner lamps now mimic the outer lamps perfectly for park/turn/brake. Here's my datasheet for this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FgWoyWe3237_XEvWkX69vxpUPybKoVd7E2WZXd07i70/edit?usp=sharing

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Hi there,

Seems that I have an issue with my taillights/turn signals. I recently uninstalled my LED tails, and went back to the OEM incandescents (NAR). Harnesses were removed, and coding was set back to the factory defaults according to the backup I saved on my OBDeleven.

Now the issue is: when I signal left, both my rear signals turn on (WHY?). If I signal right, neither of my rear signals work. If I hold the brake, everything works normally. This issue only affects the rear signals.

No errors or anything on my dash! Thinking it must be a coding issue.

Any insight on this? Maybe even someone sending me a backup of all the settings they have for their OEM tails?

Thanks in advance. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Change Leuchte21 / Lichtfunktion B21 from “Blinken links Hellphase” to “Blinken rechts Hellphase”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m0sh

Thank you for the help everybody!

Car is in the shop right now due to a vandalism claim, will be trying the defaults out once I get the car back.

Will update this once I get my baby back. Appreciate all the input!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Hope your shop isn’t too far of a drive...

m0sh

And everything is fixed! Thank you everybody for the help!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
It's easy to lose your place when you do coding. One time my PC froze and I bumped the ruler I was using to underline the next operation. When I was finished I had the same problem - both sides flashed. This was before I knew you can search for the correct line instead of endless scrolling, at least with VCDS.

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
I'm having a bit of an issue:
I've reverted back to the stock tails from the 7.5 LEDs and everything is working perfectly besides my left reverse light being on constantly (even with the light switch in the "off" position). Whenever the ignition is on, the left reverse light is on. I have followed the chart above to a T and have checked that all of the settings are correct.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

One thing that I am suspicious of is the setting (2) Leuchte23SL HLC-10-Lampendefekbitposition 23. It says above for the default setting to be "0A" but when I type that in with OBD11 and hit save it appears as just "a".

Maybe this could be the problem? I can't think of any other way to set this value.

This is with the ignition “on” and the light switch “off”.

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I'm having a bit of an issue:
I've reverted back to the stock tails from the 7.5 LEDs and everything is working perfectly besides my left reverse light being on constantly (even with the light switch in the "off" position). Whenever the ignition is on, the left reverse light is on. I have followed the chart above to a T and have checked that all of the settings are correct.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

One thing that I am suspicious of is the setting (2) Leuchte23SL HLC-10-Lampendefekbitposition 23. It says above for the default setting to be "0A" but when I type that in with OBD11 and hit save it appears as just "a".

Maybe this could be the problem? I can't think of any other way to set this value.

This is with the ignition “on” and the light switch “off”.

Leuchte23SL HCL10 is the left inner running light channel

Reverse light channels (left and right):
Leuchte28RFL LC11
Leuchte29RFL RA64

Compare all of the settings between left and right (working side).

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
nype is right. Check Leuchte28 and use the same values as in Leuchte29 for Lichtfunktion, Lasttyp, Dimmwert.

nype

Drag Racing Champion