GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tail light harnessing work recommendation (2019 GTI Euro Tail)

KOR_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
Hi,

I think I damaged the harness or the wire sheath while doing DIY (Euro Tail) for my 2019 MK7.5 GTI, so it rarely but randomly malfunctions. I used DAP harness and tail lights for the DIY.

I would like to let someone see my car and fix it (either go back to OEM or make it perfectly work).
Please let me know if you have any recommendation or know someone perfect for this fix.

The Issues:
Sometimes for the right outer side light, when tail lights on. it randomly get turned off, but it gets turned on back again once I press lock/unlock on the key fob. Additionally I sometimes see a little bit of blinking from the left outer too when put brake pedal (not brake light, but tail light).
That being said, only both outer lights are the problem.

Happy holidays!

haste

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'21 GTI SE, '15 FiST
Sucks you aren't closer. I'm in NC, one hour south of the northern border on I-95 and could have a look.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
For the flickering: What’s the DimmwertA20/A21 in the coding currently? I guess it’s 100, try 127 instead.

KOR_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
For the flickering: What’s the DimmwertA20/A21 in the coding currently? I guess it’s 100, try 127 instead.
Thanks for your comment! I actually searched your similar comment in thread somewhere, but failed to figure out how to access one you mentioned.

I used OBDEleven coding. Can I change it manually? If so, could you explain how I access such options in OBDEleven?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Yes you can change that manually. Hopefully the attached pdf helps to understand how coding works. In your case you need to change the Dimmwert value and not the Lasttyp value as in the pdf. Does that make sense?

Attachments

• How to OBDeleven.pdf
    956.6 KB · Views: 62

KOR_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
Yes you can change that manually. Hopefully the attached pdf helps to understand how coding works. In your case you need to change the Dimmwert value and not the Lasttyp value as in the pdf. Does that make sense?

KOR_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
Thanks a lot ZEROS!! I will go my car and try to check it and update here within an hour!

KOR_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
Hmm.. I am trying to search, but I don’t see Dimmwert option. Do you have any suggestion?

Attachments

• E92BB24E-3217-4ECC-8D61-3783C790A7EF.png
    E92BB24E-3217-4ECC-8D61-3783C790A7EF.png
    314.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 99232A75-7652-44B3-AF2A-C1C3F8DA9C05.png
    99232A75-7652-44B3-AF2A-C1C3F8DA9C05.png
    349.2 KB · Views: 40

KOR_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
(6)-Leuchte20BR LA71-Dimmwert AB 20 100
(6)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimmwert AB 21 100

https://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/3806/stock-tail-light-coding-nar

I searched above thread and changed 100 to 127 for both Dimmwert AB of Leucbte20BR LA71 and Leuchte21BR RC8.

It does seem to work properly. Did you mean this one when you mentioned Dimmwert A20/21?

My one question is that if I want to go back to NAR, should I first change those values to 100 and then perform DAP coding in OBDEleven?

Thank you for your comments!

Last edited:

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
You are right DimmwertAB20/AB21 are the correct ones. Yeah get them back to 100 before you perform any backwards apps. Personally I prefer to code manually to keep it under control 😅

KOR_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
You are right DimmwertAB20/AB21 are the correct ones. Yeah get them back to 100 before you perform any backwards apps. Personally I prefer to code manually to keep it under control 😅
Thanks a lot!

Here is a short video for you.

People who are considering Euro Tail DIY from DAP should know these issues. I shame that DAP is not really one touch as they advertise.

Additionally, the harness from them was not perfect (I had to cut inside plastic a bit to connect the harness from my car). I read the same issues from another review.

IMG_5716 copy.jpg