GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

T Clamps for intercooler: all the same or brand name?

gixxerfool

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Grabbed a used intercooler with silicone hoses. No clamps though. I can find a plethora on eBay, but are they all the same? Should I look for a name brand instead? If a name brand is recommended; who would you all use?

gixxerfool

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
T bolt clamps aren't very good. You want a constant tension clamp. Looks like a t bolt but with a spring that will keep them from coming loose.

T-bolt clamps are perfectly fine and get the job done. I've never had a single issue with a T-bolt clamp losing tension or anything.

I have to agree with @JerseyDrew77 I haven't seen an issue with a T bolt, but the constant tension clamps look gnarly, I dig it. I would get the, just for aesthetics. Thanks for the suggestion.

jay745

track sl00t
Car(s)
2 vw's
It's largely based on what you do with your car. For tracking, the silicon pipes get exposed to a lot of heat and they flex which causes the clamp yo loosen the connection. Every t bolt I had popped off on the track at least once. Taking your bumper off every time to tighten a clamp sucks. It's one of those things I wished I knew about sooner, considering the price difference is about 5 bucks, I'd just use them from the start but to each their own.