GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SUS Issues

rydogmk7

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I got my mk7 6 speed a few months ago with 65k miles. It has been an amazing car but recently I have noticed some things are having me slightly concerned. For one is when shifting to 5th it shifts like a truck half of the time. Every other gear is fine but 5th is almost never smooth as it should be. Then if I have the A/C on each gear shifts like hell. It lunges and slams into gear. Yesterday the most concerning was I was cruising at highway speeds and all of the sudden the rpms start bouncing from 2.5k- 5k and you could hear the engine reeving up and down with it and a major loss in power during that. I went to start my car today and it hardly started at all. New here and would appreciate some advice.

*edit: I have had some buddies take a look at it too and they find it strange with the A/C and 5th gear

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
That can be so many things - obtain a SCAN to see what codes may be present. Even, at the local autoparts store...that will save you so much time.
Could be as simple as on 02....

rydogmk7

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I got my mk7 6 speed a few months ago with 65k miles. It has been an amazing car but recently I have noticed some things are having me slightly concerned. For one is when shifting to 5th it shifts like a truck half of the time. Every other gear is fine but 5th is almost never smooth as it should be. Then if I have the A/C on each gear shifts like hell. It lunges and slams into gear. Yesterday the most concerning was I was cruising at highway speeds and all of the sudden the rpms start bouncing from 2.5k- 5k and you could hear the engine reeving up and down with it and a major loss in power during that. I went to start my car today and it hardly started at all. New here and would appreciate some advice.
That can be so many things - obtain a SCAN to see what codes may be present. Even, at the local autoparts store...that will save you so much time.
Could be as simple as on 02....
Sounds good, thanks for the input