GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Surface scratches

gtchris1

Ready to race!
I had a unit im my car last weekend and i tied the boot with my latch with bungee cords.ive just noticed some very light surface scratches below my rear wiper.
Its peed me off a bit but not noticable unless you look close.
I think it was prob the bungee cords runbing against the paintwork.
Can anyone reccomend any products or touch up pens i could purchase.
Ive tried giving the area a good polish but no good.
Thanks.

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
I had a unit im my car last weekend and i tied the boot with my latch with bungee cords.ive just noticed some very light surface scratches below my rear wiper.
Thanks.

Most likely just need to machine polish it. It's amazing what those machines can remove.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Thanks.

If you are close to me, I will take a look FOC.

Send me a PM.

Also, unless you can feel the scratch with your nail, it will buff out just fine.

Rappy:cool:

krammer

Passed Driver's Ed
Detail Shop Manager here at one time. It is most likely spider web scratches. These types of scratches do not need compound so watch where you take it to get it buffed because there are lots of detailers out there who think they know it all. Always try using the less aggressive product first then take it from there.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Detail Shop Manager here at one time. It is most likely spider web scratches. These types of scratches do not need compound so watch where you take it to get it buffed because there are lots of detailers out there who think they know it all. Always try using the less aggressive product first then take it from there.

I agree, it doesn't sound serious. Find a good shop (or a friend that knows how to properly detail cars) and have them take care of it.