GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Supporting mods for stage 2?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I am in same boat as the OP. I have a daily driver and so far close to 12k in under 7months. Wanting to go stage 2 from stock. My question mainly is for supporting mods to make sure the car stays healthy.
Would coil packs and step colder plugs be a good addition?
Coming from honda/Nissan cars, I dont see a lot of people doing oil coolers on these cars. Is there a reason?
FMIC or replacement of the OEM one?
Oil catch can.... does it really help with carbon build up ? If so what's a better option to go with the one that eliminates PCV entirely or keeps the OEM pcv in place?
DSG tune stage 1 or 2 .... since I am normally in stop and go traffic 80% of time.
Sorry to hijack the thread but figured OP will get extra info as well for his decision

Coils are not needed unless you have a faulty one. Colder plugs only if going bigger turbo and tuning. Bigger IC in the stock location is fine. OCC definitely helps reduce carbon buildup. I would get the Spulen one which eliminates the PCV. There is a stock oil cooler so unless you're racing you don't need an aftermarket oil cooler. Definitely recommend a DSG tune and some companies don't have a stage 2 DSG tune. I have the Stratified DSG tune and like it a lot. Doesn't gear hunt. Keeping your car healthy requires more frequent oil changes etc.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!