GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

** Support GolfMK7 by making your wheels and tires purchases from Tire Rack **

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
468x60_golkmk7ss_ug.jpg

I'm happy to annouce that The Tire Rack is now sponsoring this wheels and tires forum. I'm happy because as many of you might already know its a great company that has, at least for me, always given me top level service. We've added a banner link to tire rack from the forum and I'll drop a link down below.

If you do any shopping from tire rack, please click through from the links on our site before you do the shopping, it helps us keep GolfMK7 alive!

The Tire Rack link: http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BJ9&url=index.jsp

The GolfMK7 Tire Rack Upgrade Garage: http://www.tirerack.com/affiliates/live/index.jsp?AFFCODE=AT9

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
I really wish they did some type of financing. All the local shops by me offer 6 months no interest etc. Hard to beat

Roonie

Passed Driver's Ed
what, no discount for forum members?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I had wished that Tirerack offered wheel locks for the OZ's I purchased.
They did provide bolt info and I think I have located some.
Even if Tirerack does not sell, would be nice if they could recommend a source.
Or a contact with OZ who does sell some locks, for my wheels.

In for a discount as requested. Might be late for me. Order placed.

Last edited:

Rod Paine

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, I asked Sonny about wheel locks for the 18-inch O.Z. Ultraleggera's last week, but never got a part number so I could order them. Unfortunately the bigger problem is now availability of this wheel, which is now mid May! So I start looking at other options tomorrow. I should have ordered earlier, but with all the snow we've had my priorities were elsewhere.
-Rod

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Yes, I asked Sonny about wheel locks for the 18-inch O.Z. Ultraleggera's last week, but never got a part number so I could order them. Unfortunately the bigger problem is now availability of this wheel, which is now mid May! So I start looking at other options tomorrow. I should have ordered earlier, but with all the snow we've had my priorities were elsewhere.
-Rod

Have you looked at the Leggera HLT wheel?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

-Rod

I've used Gorilla small diameter ("tuner") lug bolts...that's what Discount/America's tire carries.

They have their own socket for the lug bolts & they do sell the locks for them too, separately. The cool part is that the lock bolt "key" will work with the lock AND will take off the other regular (non lock) bolts....pretty trick. Only one socket needed
(the regular socket won't take off the lock bolt though)

Assuming they take a 14x1.5 & are cone seat....available in 30mm (17019SD) or 32mm (17020SD) lengths:
http://www.gorilla-auto.com/small-diameter-lug-bolts

The wheel locks weren't stocked by Discount tire though & I ordered from Summit Racing, IIRC

NJMK7R

Passed Driver's Ed
I've used Gorilla small diameter ("tuner") lug bolts...that's what Discount/America's tire carries.

They have their own socket for the lug bolts & they do sell the locks for them too, separately. The cool part is that the lock bolt "key" will work with the lock AND will take off the other regular (non lock) bolts....pretty trick. Only one socket needed
(the regular socket won't take off the lock bolt though)

Assuming they take a 14x1.5 & are cone seat....available in 30mm (17019SD) or 32mm (17020SD) lengths:
http://www.gorilla-auto.com/small-diameter-lug-bolts

The wheel locks weren't stocked by Discount tire though & I ordered from Summit Racing, IIRC
Thats pretty trick. My locks won't fit my VMR so in a similar situation.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sonny@TireRack.com

sonny@tirerack.com

PM me your order number and I can double check on wheel locks. Unfortunately there were no alternative locks (sometimes not all lock options appear on the site, so it can be beneficial to call).

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Tirerack order!

Got my new Leggera OZ Wheels. (18" X 8"
Covered in Bridgestone RE-11's 235/40R18

Love them.
Balance and Uniformity great.
Just need some wheels locks. Tirerack said back ordered till May.

Tirerack - do you also carry black bolts?

IMG_2175.JPG

IMG_2284.JPG

IMG_2310.JPG

Last edited:

AR11

Ready to race!
Hi Sonny,

I'm interested in the new tire TR branded "C4" wheels. These seem ridiculously cheap -- would you still recommend these for track duty? Any word on weight? Are there wider options like an 8.5 or 9 (running more camber than stock)? Construction type?

Thanks!

Sonny@TireRack.com

sonny@tirerack.com
We haven't gotten our first shipment yet to weigh. Most of the TR Motorsport wheels are a pressure cast and reasonably light. Since I don't have any legit experience with it yet, I don't want to put a 100% mark of track approval. That being said, based on past experience, they should be fine to use.