GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

** Support GolfMK7 by making your wheels and tires purchases from Tire Rack **

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I really like them.
I need to look at them close to see how they are wearing .
Had alignment corrected prior to install of the new tires so hope they are good.
I do not look at inside edge enough up front to monitor.
My prior tire wore the fronts early due to pigeon toe alignment.

They are not the best regarding grip but are still good and for the cost, very good.
I think they are a good every day summer tire. Some have tracked this tire and think there are better but for auto X hard to beat price and wear. The best tires I have had on my GTI are the Bridgestone RE-11 tires. They had more grip than the car could out perform in stock form. Only issue they do not sell them anymore. RE71R is the replacement but is more of a track tire as they carry a rain warning.

I think Bridgestone S-04 PP is a new tire to help replace RE-011 from a non track standpoint.
I would like to one day try the Firehawk all season tire to run in the winter.

Thanks, Sandman.

FrostyMK7

Sonny - Just purchased a set of wheels and tires from Tire Rack but forgot to use the link provided earlier. Can you please add golfmk7.com as the referral source so the forum gets credited?

Order #ER08522
Order Date: 4/17/20

Thank you!

PNW_GTI87

Car(s)
2021 GTI
I had wished that Tirerack offered wheel locks for the OZ's I purchased.
They did provide bolt info and I think I have located some.
Even if Tirerack does not sell, would be nice if they could recommend a source.
Or a contact with OZ who does sell some locks, for my wheels.

In for a discount as requested. Might be late for me. Order placed.

Yes, I asked Sonny about wheel locks for the 18-inch O.Z. Ultraleggera's last week, but never got a part number so I could order them. Unfortunately the bigger problem is now availability of this wheel, which is now mid May! So I start looking at other options tomorrow. I should have ordered earlier, but with all the snow we've had my priorities were elsewhere.
-Rod

PM me your order number and I can double check on wheel locks. Unfortunately there were no alternative locks (sometimes not all lock options appear on the site, so it can be beneficial to call).

Ok so I know these are 5 years old but I ran into the same issue when installing my OZ Ultraleggeras in 18x8 et35. TireRack still provides regular 17mm lug bolts but still doesn't offer a locking bolt for these wheels. This Gorilla key set works perfectly with the 36mm length bolts provided by TireRack. They're 45mm long but clear everything without trimming. Gorilla PN: 48024N. That's for the ball seat chrome set but I believe it's also offered in black finish.

Attachments

• 20210714_100458.jpg
    20210714_100458.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 101