GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Superpro Suspension Bushings

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
So, I am researching bushing upgrades for my GTI with 64K miles on it. ModdedEuros website doesn’t filter results by what fits my car, so it’s making researching what’s available semi difficult, since there’s such an overload of nearly identical sounding bushings.

So I guess my question is: who has installed superpro bushings, which ones did you install, and what is your use case? Are you happy with the upgrade? If you did the front bushings but not the rears, does the improved performance up front make you more aware of the oem shortcomings in the rear? Things of that nature.

I do not plan on tracking my car ever so please keep that in mind

I want to get this done in one go without having to piecemeal it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
I recently installed the front LCAs and tear trailing arm bushings. The use case for the LCAs is well-documented. The use case for the trailing arms is based on the 034 arms (though I did not want spherical bushings nor the $400 price tag).

There is no noticeable increase in NVH. The front feels more supportive, though difficult to identify specifically due to the change in caster. I was looking to gain feel/remove numbness in the rear of the car, but also changed the ride height during the install of the trailing arms which added more travel and float so difficult to get a rear, but again, no increase in NVH.

After having removed some of the stock bushings, and felt them with my hands, I only want to replace more with SP. The only thing holding me back is the expense as I don’t have a press to do the bushing swaps myself, and don’t currently want to deal with dismantling my suspension any more right now.

Definitely on my to-do list. Just not right now.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Try the Superpro Australia webiste for bushing model numbers that fit you car.

teemmy

Ready to race!
i installed the bushings for the front LCAs - increased caster by up to a degree and a tiny bit of camber. Much more stable in the front without the softness and vagueness in the past. Didn't notice too much when I installed the rear, because I have quite a bit of suspension changes but it does seem to give a little more feedback.

All in all, fronts are definitely worth the upgrade but it is a process to get them out and put them in (i borrowed a bushing removal tool from a local auto parts store and had to be a little creative). Get a rear sway bar in before the trailing arm bushings.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
i installed the bushings for the front LCAs - increased caster by up to a degree and a tiny bit of camber. Much more stable in the front without the softness and vagueness in the past. Didn't notice too much when I installed the rear, because I have quite a bit of suspension changes but it does seem to give a little more feedback.

All in all, fronts are definitely worth the upgrade but it is a process to get them out and put them in (i borrowed a bushing removal tool from a local auto parts store and had to be a little creative). Get a rear sway bar in before the trailing arm bushings.

Yeah I'm gonna have it all done the same time I get my RSB installed. This helps though, thank you.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Why not replace the entire front LCA with SuperPro?

Exactly...especially since the 18ks are no longer $800. Better rear bushing, no need to swap bushings, caster built into the arm, a smidge of negative camber, and can be resold.

Edit: I would only just do the bushings if I didn’t want added caster and added steering weight.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Exactly...especially since the 18ks are no longer $800. Better rear bushing, no need to swap bushings, caster built into the arm, a smidge of negative camber, and can be resold.

Edit: I would only just do the bushings if I didn’t want added caster and added steering weight.

i would LOVE steering weight. anything that can make it feel more like a hydraulic rack

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

You said the case for the SP LCA is well documented. Did you do a review? I'm interested in reading more about them.