GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Superpro RSB rubbing right rear driveshaft?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I installed superpro RSB + endlinks a few months back. After initial install, the endlinks loosened. Retightened 2 weeks after initial install. Has been good “ever since,” but 2 of the 3 months since then it’s been in the shop for panoleak.

got it back from panoleak the other day, now with 18x8.5 ET45 RSE-10’s w/ 235/40 AS4’s, on stock struts + springs, again with superpro RSB/Endlinks.

I’m getting a metallic rubbing sound over moderate to large inconsistencies in the road at mostly low speeds (haven’t noticed it on highway much, likely because the roads are always smoother).

got under the car an hour ago to check out any contact points between the new wheels/endlinks/rear sway.

it kinda looks to me, as an entirely unskilled/untrained/inexperienced self mechanic, like the rear sway is rubbing the passenger rear driveshaft/axle. There’s corrosion right where the bar WOULD contact it during articulation if there was contact, and there’s blue around the edges of the corrosion (color of the superpro bar).

anyone else with an Alltrack on stock suspension experience this with a rear sway? Or have other ideas what it may be if I’m trippin?

seems weird to me I didn’t have the issue before installing the RSE-10’s. The wheels should fit totally fine.

I’m pretty worried I’m damaging my car driving it in this state.

i have a video of what I’m talking about, trying to upload it

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Noteworthy:

My mechanic had to file down some part of either the sway bar or the endlinks to get them to actually install on the car. I’m gonna contact him for verification. I think I’m gonna swap my superpro endlinks for moogs lol.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Why is it proving so difficult to find a legit retailer with moog endlinks in-stock? All that comes up when I type moog endlinks is superpro parts lol. Who did you go to for your moog endlinks?

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
I'm not familiar with the Alltrack, does Superpro list it as a valid application for their RSB? You're correct that the tires and wheels should have no impact on RSB fitment. Could the shop have installed the bar upside down, so the bars that connect to the end links have the bend in the wrong direction?

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Noteworthy:

My mechanic had to file down some part of either the sway bar or the endlinks to get them to actually install on the car. I’m gonna contact him for verification. I think I’m gonna swap my superpro endlinks for moogs lol.
Which Superpro endlinks do you have, adjustable or non adjustable? I have the non adjustable Superpro endlinks on my GTI with a Neuspeed RSB with no clearance issues at all. If you have the non adjustable links, that's likely not the issue.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Which Superpro endlinks do you have, adjustable or non adjustable? I have the non adjustable Superpro endlinks on my GTI with a Neuspeed RSB with no clearance issues at all. If you have the non adjustable links, that's likely not the issue.

as far as I know, they are not adjustable. The bar itself is adjustable with 2 positions, it’s currently set to stiff.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Did you get a bar made for the GTI? If so, you may have a clearance issue with a rear axle that GTI's don't have.

Last edited:

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
No I got a Golf R rear sway. I bought the part from someone who removed it from their Golf R. It has the bends for the 4Motion transfer case, where the GTI’s bar is straight.

Koenna

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
17' Alltrack SEL
I have the same setup and had stock suspension for couple weeks. No issues and with B14 Coilovers no issues too. When I did the install I noticed how tight everything is, but honestly the OEM bar and end links where not a big difference.

End links TRC4300 and Sway bar RC0052RZ22 (22mm) or RC0052RZ24 (24mm) should fit Golf R, Alltrack and A3 Quattro.

Last edited:

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Why is it proving so difficult to find a legit retailer with moog endlinks in-stock? All that comes up when I type moog endlinks is superpro parts lol. Who did you go to for your moog endlinks?
Add them to your wishlist on Amazon and also sign up for the restock notification at Rock Auto. It only took one night for RA to tell me they were in stock and when I got them, they were direct shipped from Moog.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
This is the case where a set of adjustable endlinks may help clear a clash or conflict.
I recently had a conflict up front after a VWR Spring/Damper kit Install & luckily I had a set of adjustable endlinks that just needed to be dialed in for the correct length to clear the clash.

Last edited:

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
This is the case where a set of adjustable endlinks may help clear a clash or conflict.
I recently had an conflict up front after a VWR Spring/Damper kit Insta & luckily I had a set of adjustable endlinks that just needed to be dialed in for the correct length to clear the clash.

Yeah. Like I mentioned, my mechanic had to do some filing to get the endlinks/sway bar installed. I'm gonna take it back to him and we'll see what's going on. Gonna have moog endlinks ready before I do that though.