GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SuperPro Caster Bushes / Control Arm - Are they worth it?

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Anyone fitted SuperPro caster bushes to the front control arm of their R?
just looking for feedback as to how these feel and whether it's worth doing or not.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I have a different brand on mine, but I added them as I was doing other work to the front end.

If you’re going to go through all the work just to add that one bushing, seems like a lot of wasted effort for not a lot of gain.

If you’re doing other things, camber, shocks, other bushings, then it should compliment those additions well.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Thanks. I read this but it was quite an old thread and I was hoping there might be something more recent.
What are you looking to gain is my question? Track use. Street use. What is your setup? If I were you....I run the Superpro LCAs that include caster and camber improvements. I recommend if you are going through the trouble to just grab a set of those. I love mine. Noteable imporovments in turn-in and general feel on the track in my awd wagon which is v. similar to your R.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
The R is basically stock, just an H&R rear ARB, TTS brake upgrade and lighter wheels.
I use the car for spirited weekend drives and I'm off to 'The Ring' in Germany again next month for a few days. (more of a fast road than a track).
I've just discovered the steel SuperPro LCA fitted with their poly bushes already fitted. I figured that with the bushes (and ball joints) already fitted, it would make fitting that bit easier as there would be no bushes to press in for only a little more cash.
A friend of mine has recommended this mod to complement the rear ARB but with the state of the roads over here in the UK I'm concerned that the poly bushes will ruin the ride quality and produce NVH which I seem quite sensitive to.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
The R is basically stock, just an H&R rear ARB, TTS brake upgrade and lighter wheels.
I use the car for spirited weekend drives and I'm off to 'The Ring' in Germany again next month for a few days. (more of a fast road than a track).
I've just discovered the steel SuperPro LCA fitted with their poly bushes already fitted. I figured that with the bushes (and ball joints) already fitted, it would make fitting that bit easier as there would be no bushes to press in for only a little more cash.
A friend of mine has recommended this mod to complement the rear ARB but with the state of the roads over here in the UK I'm concerned that the poly bushes will ruin the ride quality and produce NVH which I seem quite sensitive to.
There is no doubt the poly LCA bushings increased NVH.

Some commentary here....like and sub!

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
Superpros for sure introduce lots of NVH. There's a middle ground with the Audi bushes, similar to the VW parts but without the slots - "solid" - not sure of the part #s but prob not difficult to track down. BFI offers OEM steel arms with them.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Thanks.
Never heard of BFI here in the UK. The parts are more expensive than SuperPro though and I imagine the postage & taxes to post here would be crazy. I may take a look at just the RS3 bushings. Is there a specific year to look for or are they all the same?