GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SuperPro camber mount squeaking when turning

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Sorry to hear these aren’t working out for you Hammersticks. At least you have the Superpro LCAs for some additional camber and caster.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
dang. Probably a good call to just take them off and sell them. In retrospect, I wouldn't put mine on my car again. I installed them for "-1.0" extra(less?) camber, but I didn't get anywhere close to -1.0 more. Am I faster around the track? who cares, still slower than ANY RWD car out there haha.
Just going to save them for a rainy day. Maybe sell down the road we’ll see. I was just doing HPDE so wasn’t concerned with speed but my sidewalls got hammered last time out so that was my main use case.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Sorry to hear these aren’t working out for you Hammersticks. At least you have the Superpro LCAs for some additional camber and caster.
Not your fault 😄. I had to try them. If I was pulling more track time I’d reconsider but for now OEM is one less thing to think about. And yep, the LCAs are one of my favorite mods no doubt.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I’m thinking of switching to EQT coilovers due to the noise from the mounts/my current setup. Currently I have about 2.2 degrees of front camber, 1.4 from mounts and .8 from lowering. If I switch to the coilovers, I should be able to get about 1.75 degrees (1 from pillowball mounts and .75 from 1” lower) or around 2.2 if I enlarge the strut towers to max out the pillowball mount settings at 1.5. I’m not entirely concerned with maxing out camber, but I do track the car somewhat often and enjoy having it, plus I’d like to run a 8.5-9” wheel with 255s up front in the future.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Somewhere deep in this sub-section lives my thread about noise with these when turning. A very brief summary is that I tried these and the 034 mounts of similar construction. Torqued properly and greased with new hardware each time. Went through a total of 8 suspension combinations, each time with new strut bearings... I replaced them every time, as a precaution. All those setups within about 10 months and maybe 6,000 miles driven, between 2 different shops and then myself. Could never get either setup consistently quiet.

I ended up on stock mounts. I miss the camber, however minor. I don't miss the added harshness, although that wouldn't have been a deal breaker if there was no additional noise.